Preblast: F3 MECA and SPEEDFORNEED – Santa Scramble 5K 11/18/17
Gentlemen of F3 MECA –
We are calling on you to represent our region in an upcoming race that, if we all do our job correctly, could benefit us a very substantial monetary return. The event is the Santa Scramble 5K in Concord on November 18th. This race has long been popular with F3ers in the area because of the ridiculously fast track, and the fact that it runs immediately prior to the Concord Christmas Parade (lots of fun for the M and the 2.0s). The one big change this year is that the race directors are holding a contest of which race ‘team’ can produce the most race entrants, and whichever team wins gets $1000.
So, here’s what we need you to do –
- Clear your schedule for that afternoon. Seriously, clear it and plan to bring your family to this event.
- Go here and sign up for the 5K.
- When you get to the personal info page of the sign-up, there is a section called ‘Choose Your Event(s)’. Here you will select either 5K Run (currently $20 + $2.50 fee) or 5K Run (No Shirt) (currently $15 + $2.50 fee) – whichever you select, be sure to click the GROUPS button below. A pop up should appear where you can attach yourself to one of the teams – ours is F3 Nation.
- After you check out, there’s an option to refer the race sign-up to your friends. For each successful referral, you save $4 on the entry fee.
- Show up on race day and help us win some money.
We’re also calling on SPEEDFORNEED to post with their race wheelchairs. Sugar, Hootie and I are still working on specifics but the current plan is to have at least two race chairs on site that day, providing the race experience to physically disabled children.
UPDATE: We’re now pleased to announce that we have found our track commander for this race. I know many of you are familiar with John Fulghum and his story. For those who are not, John grew up in Concord. When he was in college he was involved in a serious car accident that took his brother’s life and left him unable to care for himself. We’re pleased to announce that John will be riding in our SFN race chair for this event, and will be pushed childhood friend @Hootie. This 5K Course will go thru John’s neighborhood and right by his house, so we can expect a really unprecedented reaction from the spectators.
Altogether this could be a real showcase event for F3. This is one of the most well-attended 5Ks in our region because of all the parade-going spectators. Add in the team contest and SPEEDFORNEED support and we may not have a better opportunity to put the F3 word out there. I really appreciate you guys buying in.
Once again, here’s what you need to know for this event:
- RACE EVENT: Santa Scramble 5K
- DATE: November 18th 2017 ~ 2pm
- WHO’S INVITED: F3 Nation PAX, their M’s and 2.0s (spectate and support or register to run)
- REGISTRATION WEBSITE: https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Concord/SantaScramble5K
- OTHER DETAILS: $20 cost thru November 4th
- MEETING POINT: In front of Wasabi Café, 845 Church St., Concord
- HOST F3 REGION: F3 MECA
- DRIVER: Hootie
- TRACK COMMANDER (TC): John Fulghum of Concord
- SPEEDFORNEED DONATION SITE: Click for CrowdRise Donation Link
- SPEEDFORNEED PREBLAST: SPEEDFORNEED Preblast
Contact: Twitter @F3SPEEDFORNEED or @geo_lil82 or email SPEEDFORNEED@yahoo.com (also use these contacts if you wish to purchase a SPEEDFORNEED shirt. They may be going on order soon, and @JRR Tolkien has limited availability on hand)
Looking forward to seeing you all out there.
Sugar, Exit 54, Hootie