54 Card Pickup
16 of Harrisburg’s best came out into the gloom of a not-quite-Spring-but-it-feels-like-it morning to use the old kettlebells to try to get a little stronger. YHC wanted to try to recreate the magic of a kettlebell workout eons ago where @Clueless left the exercises and reps up to a deck of cards. Here is how it went:
- SSH x 15
- ISP x 10
- Windmill x10
- Penny Pickers x10
- On your own – Arm circles forward, arm circles back and Michael Phelps
Put a brand new deck of playing card on the middle table (large print and near the light of the Pepsi machine for us older guys) and then go around the circle taking turns drawing a card to find out the next exercise and number of repetitions. YHC didn’t keep up with the order in which we did them but the following was the format and we drew all the cards plus some:
All numbered cards
- diamonds – # reps of Squats
- hearts – # of reps of Lawnmowers
- clubs – # of reps of Thrusters
- spades – # of reps of Curls
All Jacks – Shoulders – 5 x …
- 1st Burpees, 2nd Switch Hand Merkins, 3rd Regular Merkins and 4th Diamond Merkins
All Queens – Abs – 10 x …
- 1st WWII’s, 2nd LBCs, 3rd W’s and 4th Russian Twists
All Kings – Core – 15 x …
- 1st Swings, 2nd Figure 8’s, 3rd Halos and 4th Bentover Rows
All Aces – Triceps – 20 x …
- 1st High Rows, 2nd Tricep Extensions, 3rd Dips and 4th Skull Crushers
Jokers – Dealer’s Choice…
- Mongoose chose 10 Burpees
- Exit 54 chose 20 Switch Hand Merkins
- Deadhead chose 30 Second Plank
Freddie Mercury’s x 20
- Tomorrow Saturday, March 13th at 6pm at Cabarrus Brewing Company we will be celebrating the life and times of @FlipPhone. We have the porch tables reserved but bring masks anyway. Wives and girlfriends are welcome. Both at same time may liven things to a new level.
- Saturday, March 20th at 6am at Town Center is the Extinction Race. Still a couple spots left. Be there at 5:30 for race day sign in.
- Thoughts with Wexler’s friend Louie Spagnola as he is beginning a long recovery from serious complications after having a heart attack.
#Tclaps to @Espresso, @Pancake, @Clueless, @Birdcage and @Pocahontas for the prerun.
Thank you all for the honor of being able to lead this group of men this morning. I told a coworker this week that if I didn’t have F3 to help offset the stress of my job then I shudder to think what condition I would be in today. I get so much more out of this then I put in so I want you to all know I’m appreciative of that.
“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle … victorious.” –Vincent Lombardi