10 of Harrisburg’s foundational members of the community came out on a perfect-for-exercising early Spring morning to try to better themselves. Right before we got started, Bull and Hootie did a fly by as they were running through the park as part of their run and Clueless and Espresso were passing through as they were just finishing up theirs. The clock hit 7:00 so off we went.
Mosey with some butt kickers from the library to the top of the hill just before Shelter 1 for:
- SSH x 20
- ISP x 15
- Penny Pickers x10
- Windmill (a la Abe Vigoda’s) x5
Mosey to Shelter 1 and do the following: Box Jumps/Step Ups x 10, run to the bottom of the hill near the old post office, Burpees x5, run back to the shelter and Dips x 20. Next lap decrease by 2, 1 and 4 respectively. Repeato 5 times to zero reps. The hunt was successful as we found one plastic orange Easter egg on the path. Not sure if anyone checked to see if there was a prize inside.
Mosey to the front of the library. Crab Indian Walk for one round and then to the steps for:
- Bear crawl up the stairs and down the ramp
- Merkin walk up the stairs and lunges down the ramp
- Reverse Spiderman up the stairs and reverse lunges down the ramp
Mosey to Henderson Circle for a couple/few rounds of: Merkins x 10, run to the bottom of the circle, WWII’s x 20, run to the stop sign at the top of the circle, Jump Squats x 30 and run back up Oakley Drive to the start.
Mosey back to the bottom of the hill at far side of the island in front of the library. Reverse Lunge and/or Quadrafilia back up the hill. Mosey to Mary.
- Freddie Mercury’s x 10 -SheepDog
- LBC x 10 – Mongoose
- Low Flutters x 10 -Gamma
- Low Dolly x 10 -Talladega
- Superman x10 -Mullet
- Pretzel Crunch x10 (flapjack) -Dr. Lecter
- J Lo’s x 10 -Bull
- Count off, Name-O-Rama and prayer
Thank you all for coming out this morning and allowing me to lead this group. We had really good weather and the the mumble chatter was first class. I have to admit getting a little overexcited when Bull choose J Lo’s at Mary as it took me back to my first post nearly 7 years ago when he did the same. This thing of ours has been really good for me and I’m appreciative to the AO for all the support and opportunity. Here are things we learned today:
- Tumbler can spot deer at the old post office from the shelter at the top of the hill through the trees. #EagleEyed
- Gamma has so many kids in college or about to start that he’s going to need a second job
- Bull will be having a barn raising party on his new property in Mt. Pleasant. Amish style beards required. Not sure about the hats.
- Mongoose is working on his script for his first lead on Thursday. #BewareTheWelshDragon
- DT buys so many pairs of shoes at Run For Your Life that he knows the staff by name. Also, his breakfast consists of a salad, hash browns and pork chops… which is not breakfast.
- Retirement has been good to Minnow as evidenced by the new truck
- Talladega thought maybe there could have been a better parking spot selection. We got back to the start eventually but I’ll keep that in mind for next time.
- There is no quit in Mullet. His pace is consistent the whole hour. By the end it was a struggle to keep up with him.
- Dr Lecter approves of my eldest son’s current selection of a college for next year. #GoPack!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -Thomas Edison