Back to basics
DrLecter | On 06, Mar 2021
YHC got the pax back to the basics today at the Railyard. Merkins, squats, sit ups and some running are all you need for an effective beatdown. Nothing fancy, just got old fashioned hard work, trying to get better.
Warm up mosey around the library island. Disclaimer given.
Warm – o -rama
SSH x15 IC
IST x15 IC
Mountain Climbers x15 IC
Penny Pickers x15 IC
Start at the bottom of the library island, do the exercise, run to the top, do that exercise, run down the other side, do the exercise. Repeat-o.
Merkins – Start at 20, decrease by 2 each time down to 2
Top of the hill – squats x 10 each time
WWII – Start at 2, increasing by 2 each time up to 20
We finished that, so we did 3 – 4 laps around the island, stopping for 15 plank jacks at the bottom each lap.
LBC x20 IC
Low Flutter x20 IC
Pretzel Crunch x20 IC
Squirm x20 IC
30 second plank
- Thanks for coming out! An honor to lead.
- Mongoose and Hong Kong were out leading the way this morning.
- Strong efforts by DT, Mullet, JD and Sheepdog.
- Caveman and Ripken showed tons of no quit this morning.
- TCLAPS to the Idiot runners today – DeadHead, Talledega, Pocahontas, Birdcage, Hop Hunter, Exit 54, Wexler, Gamma, Tumbler and Flipphone. Sorry if I missed anyone, but this was everyone who had uploaded to Strava by the time I finished the backblast.
Prayer Requests and Announcements
- Prayers for the Bingham family, friends of DT. Two family members in hospital with COVID.
- FlipPhone’s party Saturday 3/13, 6pm at Cabarrus Brewing
- Extinction Race – Saturday 3/20