Free NOT Cream
Twenty-three PAX in the increasingly-darker gloom for another dose of Harrisburg Iron…
Mosey to the short end of the parking lot, COP:
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- Windmills x 15 (IC)
- Mountain climbers x 20 (IC)
- Jihadis x 5 (IC)
- Upper arm stretch, chest and upper back stretch
- Mosey back to the middle lot, COP
Four rounds, three exercises in each round. Do each exercise for 60 seconds with a 10 second recovery, then REPEATO the round:
- ROUND 1: Bent-over rows, Upright rows, Reverse tricep extensions, REPEATO
- Mosey to the long end of the lot and back
- ROUND 2: Outhouse curls, Deadlifts, Around the Worlds, REPEATO
- Mosey to the long end and back
- ROUND 3: Squats, Lunges, High Knees (hold the bell above your head), REPEATO
- Mosey to the short end and back
- ROUND 4: Bench press, Reverse skullcrushers, Sit-ups (hold the bell while you do it), REPEATO
- Finish up with some arm circles
- F3 Afton 2-Year Anniversary is tomorrow. Get out and support @HopHunter, @4-Wide and others on this milestone.
- F3 Locust officially launches on 8/22 (two weeks from tomorrow). Our brother @MetroDog is heading this one up and they need MECA PAX to post the first few weeks, Q the early workouts, and spread the word to any Sad Clowns you know in the area.
- Continued prayers are needed for @Farfegnugen, @IvyLeague and family. The news this week has been unbelievably positive and praiseworthy, but he’s still in for a long recovery. Could also be in for a name change when he returns.
Another Friday, another crushing Iron workout.
For YHC, the most noticeable thing these days is how much darker it’s getting for our beatdowns, even with the 0600 start time. Steady cloud cover and some isolated drizzle didn’t help visibility, and I was surprised to see a few faces during COT that I didn’t realize had even posted (seriously, did @Flip and @Wexler actually do the workout or did they just magically appear for the last two minutes and coffeeteria?).
Regardless of who was there and when, we had great attendance this morning. I saw @Chaos, @Waterbear, @Honey-Do and @SidVicious for the first time in ages. Three fifths of the Witte clan were on-hand, as were our three sexagenarians. @Gamma, @Gapper, @Deadhead and @SoloCup made up one Propecially-challenged side of the circle. Great experiences all around, and they were enhanced as always by @DT’s classic rock playlist (name ’em: Derek & the Dominos, T-Rex, Free NOT Cream).
The workout itself was a take-no-prisoners style Tabata: all exertion, minimal recovery. Four rounds of lift for four (mostly different muscle groups), and a short run between each to give the arms some rest. There was a little muttering about the 10-second recovery time but I doubt you guys really wanted to do that much standing around anyways. Major T-claps to @Starsky who suffered a dislocated kneecap (or something) on Tuesday and was out there giving his all.
Really appreciate this group, especially mornings like this where there’s a great turnout. Thanks as always for letting me lead.