8 of Harrisburg’s toughest came strolling into the park this morning looking for a KB beatdown. What they found was worthy of a Vegas nightmare. Was the deck stacked, or the cards shuffled? Eyebrows were raised, but nobody knew for sure. The workout, including audibles, went something like this…
Mosey to end of parking lot and back. Circle up for…
- SSH x 15
- IST x 10
- Merkin x 10
- Windmill x 10
KB Card Game
- 1 exercise chosen per suit, with Jokers representing Burpees x 10 reps
- Hearts – KB Swing
- Spades – Merkin
- Diamonds – Squat Press
- Clubs – Outhouse Curls
Face value of each card represents number of reps, with following modifications:
- Jacks – 10 reps
- Queens – 11 reps
- Kings – 12 reps
- Aces – 15 reps
Draw one card, complete the reps, draw another and so on. 54 cards in total. Called a 1 min breather at the halfway point. Continued until all cards were drawn.
PAX roared through the cards in record time. Additional exercises were…
- Tricep Superset – Overhead extensions followed by bench dips. 3 sets x 10, 12, 15 reps
- Lawnmower Pulls – 3 sets x 10 reps each side
- LBC x 20
- Squirm x 20
- Crunchy Frog x 15
- Mason Twist x 10 (Flip Phone)
- Thank you guys for sticking with me on this. Wanted to try something new this morning (for me anyway).
- Strong work by the PAX. Finished in record time. Total of 102 reps per exercise, with an additional 20 Burpees.
- @Finnegan – Dude was a silent killer this morning. Rolled through the workout like it was nothing. Unlike some others nearby who had quite a lot to say this morning, no names necessary. Was the deck shuffled???
- Food Pantry still needs donations.
- PAX travelling to Columbia to help with devastation from flooding. Ask @Tumbler for details (I think he was planning to go)
- Hopebuilders 5k in Charlotte tomorrow for Levine Children’s Hospital
- Yard Sale at Harrisburg Presbyterian Church tomorrow. Great opportunity to clean out the garage and help them out!
- Keep Nala’s (Andrew Wheaton) 2.0 in your prayers. He’s a soldier from Fort Bragg who is staying at the Ronald McDonald House while 2.0 is in ICU (6 weeks old). Asked PAX if anyone had ideas for something to do for him and his family while they are here, and going through this difficult time. Possibly gift card to treat him and family to dinner. Get in touch with me if interested.
COT – T-Bone