14 men from the surrounding areas of Tradition showed up today not knowing what was in store for them…but then the Q realized that he didn’t even know what was in store for the PAX due to poor math skills and the fatigue that comes with finishing a 12 pack of beatdowns.
So the idea was that we would group up into teams of 4 and attempt a 4000 rep challenge for each team. It really sounded awesome in my head when I was thinking it up and planning it out, but then when execution time came, it just turned into a giant dumpster fire.
There were some teams of 3 and some of 4 and lots of confusion. So it became an on the fly beatdown that still sucked, but was not what YHC had in mind.
Here is what it actually looked like:
Short mosey (Side note here…its amazing how early mumble-chatter starts on certain days. I always like to contribute myself but when you Q and it happens it always gives you a good appreciation for the joy that comes from mumble-chatter)
Cotton Picker IC*15
The teams were split up, the instructions were given, the Q realized his instructions wouldn’t work, the Q realized he was taking too long trying to figure out how to fix the problem, the Q went with something similar to what was originally
In your groups, complete the following exercises back to back without stopping, but the group completes the reps together:
LBC’s with KB
Most groups (I think?) completed 25 reps of each exercise and then moved on. The goal (after all of the confusion) was for each member of the group to complete 200 reps of each exercise (which would be 8 sets of 25 reps of each). Halfway through this, thats when the whining started to get turned up to a level that I can’t express in words because I don’t have 3 year old children. So to try and combat this, the Q brought everyone back in together for a big circle of pain that consisted of the same thing we were just doing. YHC thought that having everyone together would help the situation, but all it did was allow for a greater forum for whining and mumble-chatter to take place. So in the circle of pain we did:
25 KB Swings
25 Dutch Cucumbers Each arm
25 Sumo Squats
15 High Pulls
10 High Pulls (shoutout to @Gangsta’sParadise for pointing out this equals 25 total)
50 LBC’s with KB
We then took a mosey out to prosperity to the front right corner of the church. We stopped there and the chatter was continuous. I have never heard so many comments about a little run (thats right, Coyote just said LITTLE run!). #annoyedQ
Get back with your groups for a few sprints.
YHC’s group was first for an AYG from the front right corner of the church to the dumpster. Foolishly, YHC forgot he was working out with 7 year olds who didn’t think that after the first group ran, the second group should then run. #tiredandannoyedQ
Once YHC announced that the other groups should run, they did. One more AYG sprint from the dumpster to the playground, then meet back at the bells for a little Mary. #verytiredandannoyedQ=RABIDCOYOTE!!!!!
Pretzel Crunches IC*50
1. I have seen pictures and the footage of the Hindenburg going down, but never before have I felt like I lived that out in real life. Today changed that!
2. We were halfway done as a group with the challenge when the whining got to a point to where the Q didn’t want to have to deal with it anymore and I’m confident that we could have made it if more energy was put into throwing that bell around! We will be trying this again, maybe I’ll just bring a mathematician with me to help.
3. Regardless, today still sucked and its always fun yelling at the PAX!
4. YHC was grouchy and cranky this morning. I need a nap.
5. Regardless of how much YHC felt like he was leading a group of 2.0’s this morning, everyone still pushed hard so great work this morning!
6. Shoutout to @KingLouie and @GhettoD for the sprints! King Louie was strong and Ghetto D still has some fuel in the afterburners! #respect
Always love leading a beatdown, even on days like today!