19 ventured out to The Ridge. We even had a dingo and a coyote leave their natural habitat up in Tradition. Unfortunately, none of the 19 had a clue what was in store, so it went something like this….
Mosey across the lot to the first intersection and circle up
No, Chaos, you didn’t miss Side Straddle Hops.
No, SoloCup, we’re still not doing Side Straddle Hops. Yes, I’m breaking protocol.
Continue down Raging Ridge Rd to HRMS entrance
Air Squats x10
Something Else x10
Move on to the HRMS bus lot
Around the back of the school to my favorite sidewalk (~100yards, downhill to the practice field….really needs a name)
Single file until everyone is in the chute, then Bear Crawl down until the first guy gets to the bottom.
Incline Mericans x10
Turnaround and Lunge Walk up the sidewalk until the first guy gets to the top
Incline Mericans x10
Turnaround and Bear Crawl back down, then head out to the field.
Partner up and get on the sideline. P1 runs across the field and back while P2 does an exercise. Switch and repeat until the combined reps are done…
100 Air Squats
AYG straight up the hill, then over to the field behind HRMS with the Mecklenburg-esque landscaping
Hand Release Mericans x25
Back out in front of the school, for a series of sprints to get back to the launch point. Overall, we probably sprinted between .5 and .75 miles, with some exercises in between, including Low Flutters x25, Hand Release Mericans x25, LBCs x25
Circle up back at the cars for Mary
Mason Twist x15 (Escalade)
Freddy Mercurys x15 (Helga)
Reverse Crunches x15 (Dingo)
COT (SoloCup takes us out)
1. No Side Straddle Hops; no actual workout plan; per SoloCup, the 50 Hand Release Mericans were “excessive” and according to “I’m training for a marathon” Dingo, our sprints were too long and there was too much running to call it a bootcamp workout. Apparently there are a lot of rules I missed this morning.
2. Thanks for playing along anyway…sometimes you just have to wing it.
3. Always great to have visitors. Sounds like Dingo and Coyote have been doing a little traveling lately. I’d encourage everyone to visit another AO every once in a while – you get to meet some of your MeCa brothers, maybe pick up some new workout ideas and overall, variety helps keep you going over the years!
4. Rumor is our wayward son, Ribshack, says we don’t sweat at our workouts….or maybe he just didn’t work very hard. Nothing but love, Ribshack.
5. Good to have Posh back and nursing a knee injury. Looking strong out there!
6. Two quick announcements: the Harrisburg Food Pantry is in dire need of supplies. SoloCup will collect any donations at upcoming workouts. Also, stay tuned for details on a Flash Mob 5k. It’s free, generally in the University area and has some good prizes. The location is revealed only a few days before the race.