With last night’s thunderstorm, the humidity that comes each year with the summer swelter is finally upon us. Not too warm yet, but muggy. In Highlands, that doesn’t prevent the PAX from posting as we were 18 strong in the gloom. But apparently it prevents us from having any Q signed up. Well, @Murdoch planted the flags and men need to run, so run we did.
With these kind of numbers, we need something for everybody, so we ran the Tommy, Bobby, Johnny loop. Out the rabbit hole, left on HCP to right on Ridge and left into apartment complex. At first traffic circle, you’ve got options:
1) Short: turn around and head back OR right on Craven Thomas Rd (Tommy) to the last traffic circle then turn around and head back
2) Medium: Right on Tommy to last traffic circle, then left across 485 to next traffic circle and turn left on Robert Helms Rd. (Bobby) to last traffic circle then left to complete the loop and head back
3) Long: Right on Tommy all the way to last traffic circle, left to cross 485 and take it all the way down past Circle K to a left on Johnston Oehler Rd (Johnny); through the townhouses and left at traffic circle then head back.
COT and BOM (thanks for the strong shout out @Nanny)
– MeCa HDHH tonight at 1900 (7pm) at Carolina Ale House
– The Bear – June 6 at 0600
– Kato’s two year anniversary beatdown at Rolling Stone – tomorrow at 0530
The Naked Wisemen Moleskine
– Great job to all. Lots of varying paces, but most importantly strong posting numbers. 18 is solid. Keep coming back as running will make all your other workouts easier. Hopefully this route had something for everyone.
– No one is more excited about 485 opening than @Chavez. It will cut 5 minutes off his commute, so maybe he’ll finally stick around for COT
– Next potential BRR teammate: @Sully – he’s training as if he’s a go…
– Sorry about the route @Murdock; YHC promises to have better groupings going forward, so keep coming back; Loved seeing those #ShovelFlags planted. Thanks for taking that duty brother!
– ICYMI: @Huggie’s run a marathon that took him through two different countries.
– Good to see @Meathead putting together a string of four consecutive posts! Aye!