Six of #Tradition’s finest exited the fartsack, and opted for a cruise on a perfect morning, with launch temps right at 55°. YHC tried to live up to his name by plotting a course that mixed up the terrain and surroundings. After briefly attempting to trick @Maximus into joining us instead of the fisters, we set off.
– Run through Winchester, with some dynamic warmups along the way (high knees, butt kickers, karaoke)
– Hit the greenway at the pool, and exit at Radborne
– Travel through Radborne via Symphony Woods, Newchurch, then back to the greenway
– Exit greenway at Mallard Creek Elementary, and knock out 10 pullups at the playground
– Continue up Mallard Creek Church to Prosperity, and back to base (with a little extra credit thanks to Belding, to ensure we got our 4 miles in)
– Nice push out there by all, especially by you “reluctant” runners! It’s been a while since we’ve done a straight-up, non-stop run, so it was good to get some decent distance with this cruise. I clocked us in at 4.22 miles, at a 9:26 pace (including the playground stop). Belding mentioned something about working towards a 10k for the cruise….
– YHC should have issued a legit disclaimer, given the dark trails, potential for falling in the creek, and all the cars at the school for the field trip. Glad we all made it back…
– As always, the 2nd F is the best part of the cruise. Enjoyed it.