9 pax woke up fifteen minutes earlier to celebrate the first anniversary of The Warrior in Harrisburg. The options were a 10k with the Road Warriors led by that workout’s founder, Solo Cup, or flexibility, strengthening and balance with Warrior One led by YHC. 4 pax chose wisely.
- Plank Series: Plank~30 secs, Merkins x10, Plank~15 secs, Side Plank R/L~15 secs/side, Three Levels Plank~15 secs/level, Elbow Plank w/opposite leg and arm lifts~15 secs/side.
- Fold series: Includes Mountain, Forward Fold, Half-Forward Fold, Chair, Chair w/spinal Twist, Yogi Squat, Shoulder Stretch, Shoulder Rolls, Neck Rolls, Salute Side-Stretch.
- Challenge Poses: Yogi Squat to Crow, Chair to Warrior Three.
- Howl at the Moon: Includes Mountain, Forward Fold, Half-Forward Fold, Plank, Up Dog, Down Dog. ~4 reps.
- Warrior Series: Includes, Down Dog, Lunge, Crescent, Crescent w/spinal Twist, Warrior One, Warrior One Fold w/bind, Warrior Two, Side-Angle, Revolved Side-Angle, Peaceful Warrior, Triangle, Revolved Triangle. Repeato other side.
- Balance Series, including: Tree, Figure Four w/ squat, Warrior Three, Half-Moon, Revolved Half-Moon, Standing Cradle, the Lynn Swann. Repeato left side.
- Wide-legged Series- Forward fold, Side Lunge R/L~8, Yurpees~10, Atlas-to-Star, .
- Cat/Cow ~8 reps
- Fire Hydrant x 10 each leg..
- Abs and Back: LBC x20, Banana/Bridge~4 each.
- YHC would like to thank all those pax who have participated in Warrior One over the past year, even those who tried it once and never came back, but especially those who have made it a regular part of their weekly workout routine or traveled from other AOs to “work out the kinks.” Warrior One has proven to be much more challenging than many expected; It has put us into positions we thought we could never get into, focused on muscles that are often missed in bootcamp workouts, and showed us that we need to work on our balance. Despite its challenges, Warrior One has also become a workout of healing for many Road Warriors whose injuries prevent running.
- A Very Special Thanks goes out to @Escalade, @Solo Cup, @Othello, and @Clueless for stepping up to lead Warrior One workouts. Each of you has brought your own style and added variety to Warrior One. Year two goal: at least four more new Warrior One Qs.
- For more information about Warrior One, and what those darn poses are, see Warrior One Q Tips.