Seven Harrisburg men came out happy to know there would be no running today….well, six men came out happy there would be no running, and BBQ posted as well.
Quick explanation/disclaimer about the workout and why we’re doing it. Lots of running the past few days, so we’re focusing on upper body, hitting the chest, back, shoulders and arms. No frills. No “I just saw this on YouTube.” Just some old-fashioned weight lifting.
Air Squats x10 (had to throw BBQ a bone with a little bit of leg work)
5 rounds of 12 exercises, with reps of 5/10/15/10/5; also threw in some abs and SSH
KB Lawn Mowers
KB Single Arm O/H Presses
KB Chest Presses
KB Skull Crushers (straight arm)
KB Front Shoulder Raises
KB Triceps Extensions
KB High Rows
KB Reverse Curls
Low Flutter x20 w/KB held off the ground behind your head
The W w/KB x20 (BBQ)
Reverse Crunch w/KB x10 (Casper)
Low Dolly w/KB x12 (Tumbler)
1. Thanks for playing along. All kidding aside, I really did want to give the legs a break and go heavy on some muscles we don’t work very often.
2. Great to see BBQ out for a KB workout. He caught some grief this morning, but the truth is not many work as hard as he does out there to improve strength and speed. Pretty impressive, even for a #HateHate.
3. A common awkward moment seen at workouts seems to be the handshake/fist bump fail. Not far behind that is thinking one of the pax is going for the fist bump to tell you it was a good Q, only to realize too late that he was just stretching out the shoulder….
4. Understatement of the year: “I’m not coming out here to injure myself…”
5. I believe I heard Ribshack says he’s graduated to a heavier KB. Nice work – keep at it!