Math problem: On a cool and dark late August morning, 11 men and 1 four-legged friend gathered around the F3 shovel flag. The clock struck 0530 and 8 Road Warriors hit the road, leaving 3 Warrior Ones to guard the flag. During the run, 5 men split from the others but all the men returned that had started. How many returned?
Answer: 9 PAX and 1 dog. Huh??? Here’s what went down…
- Start at Main/Kee
- Left on Carl Parmer
- Left to continue on Carl Parmer
- Right on Roberta
- Left on Rocky River Crossing
- Continue on Rocky River Crossing until Morehead
- Left on Morehead
- Left on Patricia
- At bottom of Patricia circle back to Morehead for the other PAX..the other PAX…the otherrr…where are they?
- YHC instructed SS Minnow to take the PAX back on Patricia to Parallel while YHC searched for the missing PAX.
- After checking the vicinity to no avail, YHC took a left on Ridge to rejoin SS Minnow’s PAX on Patricia
- The PAX (now only 5 men) turned left on Parallel
- Left on Roberta (still no other PAX in sight)
- Right on Main to the shovel flag
YHC was relieved to see the 3 men had made their way back unscathed. But wait, is that Riptide? Yep. My math teachers always taught me to show my work, so here goes…
- 11 PAX and 1 dog in the gloom
- 8 men and 1 dog for Road Warriors
- 3 men for Warrior One
- The PAX got stretched out along the route (oops)
- 4 PAX and YHC stuck together while 3 became missing
- YHC + 4 PAX returned
- 3 missing PAX returned
- 1 additional PAX returned (after completing a 4+ mile search mission for the Road Warriors)
- Total = 9 Road Warriors and 1 dog
- Great turn out this AM guys! I think we had between 4-5+ miles depending on your route and any extra circling back. YHC will do a better job keeping the PAX together next time.
- Great seeing some new faces to Road Warriors, glad to have ET and Rib Shack out in the gloom.
- @ET, glad to have you out for a weekday workout. Tues/Thur Hickory Ridge High School football stadium 0530. Come on!
- @Rib Shack, didn’t mean to leave you in the dark this AM. Maybe not the best company but Gamma and Starsky are better than nothing.