Pax: @Gamma @Bearclaw @Gapper @Mullet @Talladega @DickTracey @Segundo @Constitution
Eight weekend-warriors came out to wish YHC well on his last day of Iron Q. For those who attended all week, dinner is on me! Since this applied to no one in attendance the consolation prize is coffee.
0650 YHC could see the light of @Segundo coming down the road after his pre-run. A few minutes later the Pax started to roll in. Right on que, 4 more Pax scream in on 2 wheels to make it at 7:01am. Penalty – BURPEES. Lets walk….
We began with a walking warm-up which consisted of another lousy disclaimer, Toy Soldiers, Arm/Shoulder/Tricep stretches & Arm Circles. We circled up for a little “Silent” SSH. What’s that you say? YHC counts cadence for SSH x6, then we must all continue up to 10 while counting cadence in our head to see if we all stop at the same time. Ready, go!
Round 1 – Constitution didn’t stop in time – 5 Burpee penalty
Round 2 – Bearclaw and Constitu….crap, forget it, let’s go.
Mosey down the steps, turn right on the track and Indian Run to the first shelter.
5-10-15 Ladder (up & down): Step-ups (each leg), Dips, Decline Merkins
Indian run mosey down the track to the parking lot behind the playground. Began with parking lot line suicides. Run to first line, nurb to home base. Run to second line, nurb to home base. Repeato to the end (there were about 9-10 lines).
Partner up for some 100’s (with a 50 mixed in). P1 does exercise, P2 runs around the parking area. 100 Merkins, 100 (Audible!) 50 Box Jumps, 100 Dips. Mixed in a little Broga in-between for breath catching.
Indian Run Mosey toward the far-rear soccer fields (which were closed). We continued to the adjacent parking lot for a Starfish set. 5 Burpees in the center (Home). Run to each corner, do said exercise, return Home for Burpees. Corner 1-WWII’s, C2-Mt. Climbers, C3-Air Squats, C4-SSH.
Round 1 – 5 reps
Round 2 – 10 reps
Low Fluttersx10 IC
Glute Stretch L/R
Mosey down the back steps to the lower parking lot
Follow the Leader up and down the parking lot lines to the end. GPa jacks while we wait for the six. Then GPa Jacksx10 IC.
Indian Run mosey back to the track (towards the cars), stopping at the pavilion once again for a round of: Incline Merkinsx10 IC & In/Outsx10 IC
Indian Run mosey back to the cars, then circle-up for a little…
6inches, which led to Protractor
1. All the usuals….Gremlin, Idiot Run, etc.
2. Tclaps to @DT’s son who passed his Drivers Exam.
3. @Gapper has some job leads #ironsinthefire
4. Prayers for @Segundo’s M who was recently laid off.
1. Who knew counting cadence in your head would be so hard. Not going to name any names but one must have strong @Contstitution to make his fellow Pax do needless Burpees. Ooops 🙂 I am definitely bringing this back at my next Q and feel we will be doing a lot of Burpees that day.
2. Early mosey to the next station will not stop me from pulling you back for a few Burpees @Gamma. Although, you almost had me there, nice try. 😉
3. @Bearclaw was strong on the running today as he pulled me around that parking lot.
4. Tell me again @Talladega that the “warm air pocket” we ran through wasn’t what I thought it was?
5. Anyone ever notice how @Mullet jumps out of his car and immediately gets a 1/4-1/2 mile prerun in right before the BD? #strong
6. @DT – always putting in a ton of No Quit!
7. @Gapper will be bringing little paper umbrellas to future Saturday coffeeterias #showtoknow
8. Good luck on your Miami Marathon next weekend @Segundo! #Animale
Thank you for the honor to lead you men this week. Aye!