Wednesday, December 7th, 2022
Seven of Harrisburg’s runners ventured out into the foggy gloom to run Shamrock road and get a little better. At 5:29 there was a quick briefing to make sure everyone knows what we were doing and then we set off at 5:30 on the dot. There was a 3 mile option that everyone just scoffed at and then did at least the 4 mile route. Othello did the horseshoe twice to make it a 5 miler. Here is what it looked like…
COT – Count off, Name-O-Rama, Announcements, Prayers and Praises
- PAX: Wexler, Deadhead, Battery, Othello, Clueless and TBone
- Q: SheepDog
- Wexler told us plans are still in the works for the holiday celebration with the kids at our local orphanage. Might be doing a gift giving and movie day. More to come.
- Wexler’s 2.0 Ella battled through self-doubt this week and swam the 500 for the first time with a second place finish. As soon as she realized she could do it then she immediately said she wanted to do it again but faster. #SwimStrong #LifeLesson
- Prayers to all the college students out there taking finals including my 2.0 Penguin and Battery’s wife. I’m glad I don’t have to do that anymore.
- I know I’m missing at least one thing. Sorry to those who contributed. Let me know and I’ll update the BB.
Good to see @Hootie out there as he did a fly by before we started our run. YHC started off with Othello and caught up on Christmas plans. As he moved away, Clueless and TBone ran by so YHC tried to keep up with them… which lasted maybe 100 yards. #TheyFast Then Deadhead moseyed along and lit up the night with his multicolored vest lights. Good conversation about the new 777. Spent the last few miles putting in the work with Battery. I appreciate him sticking with me as I don’t like running past the haunted house alone. #Michael Myers #Jason #Freddie #Leatherface #Pennywise
Thanks to all six for coming out to support my lead.
“A good gulp of whisky at bedtime – it’s not very scientific, but it helps” ― Sir Alexander Fleming Bacteriologist and discoverer of penicillin