On Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 eleven of Harrisburg’s HIMs ventured out into gloom with very clear star filled skies but chilly upper forty degree temperatures to try to get a little better. At 5:29 there was a quick review of the running route posted on Slack the night before (YHC clarified we will be making lefts instead of rights) and then we were off at 5:30.
COT – Count off, Name-O-Rama, Announcements and Prayers
- PAX: Othello, Clueless, Dr Lecter, Wexler, Talladega, Bloodhound, Mad Dog, Deadhead, Dick Tracy and SS Minnow
- Q: SheepDog
- Prayers for the 2 anonymous who are still trying to overcome challenges. Also for for Exit 54 and the rest of Florida residents as they brace for the impacts from almost hurricane Nicole. And thoughts for DTs friend who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer.
- Good work in the community with All Pro Dads by Wexler who also wanted to give a shout out to DT for his crowd control help the other night.
- Praises to Deadhead’s daughter as she gears up for Charlotte 5k, Wexler’s daughter who made the swim team, Dr Lecter’s daughter who has made an impact on her basketball team through the first two games and DTs daughter who was accepted to UNC Charlotte.
- The Quarry Race is looming and @BloodHound looking for company. Lots of other races coming up. Turkey Trot 5k in Bradford Park and Santa Scramble 5k in Concord on the downhill parade route are just a couple.
Thanks to everyone for… allowing YHC the opportunity to choose this morning’s running route which originally didn’t include the U turn we made in the new neighborhood, to Bloodhound for sticking with me despite the 10+ minute pace in the middle and to my 2.0 Josh (aka Penguin) for signing me up for the Run Rudolph Run 10k in mid December. All of these things contributed to giving me the motivation to get out of bed this morning to mosey around Harrisburg.
“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” ― Abraham Lincoln