F3 is Peer Led – Everyone gets a Turn to Q!
YHC had the bright idea to share the love of Q-ing the exercises in anticipation of the fun that awaits us in March. Now that Heatstroke has challenged us to fill up our Q slots, and the PAX have all stepped up to carry the load, I thought a little refresher was in order. There is a method to the madness of a workout. There’s a reason we use certain language and count a certain way. That uniformity let’s me attend any AO and understand what is happening (for the most part any way). So, 5:30a on the clock, time to start.
Disclaimer given- peer-led group, not a professional, not liable, everything called is a suggestion, modify as necessary.
Mosey through the parking lot, run some lines with butt kickers, back pedal, carioca, circle up.
Explain the concept of calling the exercise, the concept of ‘in cadence’, and so forth.
- SSH x20 IC
- IST x20 IC
- Mountain climbers x20 IC
- 10sec plank- recover
Mosey to the courtyard, circle up around the flowerbeds. Each PAX was given the opportunity to lead an exercise- call it, starting position move, in cadence or OYO, exercise.
- Burpees x10 OYO
- Low flutter x10 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
- Dips x15 IC
- Lunges x10 each leg OYO
- IST x10 IC
- RBC x15 IC
- Wide merkins x10 IC
- Low dollies x10 IC
- Side lunges x10 each leg OYO
- Mountain climbers x10 IC
- Pretzel crunch x10 IC each side
- Staggered merkins x5 IC each side
- Box cutter x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- Plank jacks x20 IC
- Pretzel stick x10 each leg OYO
- Hand release merkins x10 IC
- Dying cockroach x10 IC
- Sumo squats x10 each leg OYO
- Yurpees x10 OYO
- Freddie Mercury x10 IC
- Table tops x10 IC
- Jack Webbs x10 1:1 ratio
Mosey back to the parking lot with an Indian Run, 1 burpee penalty for the last man
Circle up for Mary
- Mason twist x20 IC
- Rosalitta x20 IC
- Low flutter x20 IC
- Abs w/ Habs to finish
- Last day for food pantry collection is this Saturday 3/2- Pharaoh is the pick-up man. Collecting everything from toiletry items to dog food. You’ve done great guys, finish strong!
- Dial-up mentioned planning an F2 event at an Escape Room. Watch Slack for details on date/time.
- Torch has his St. Baldrick’s fund raiser for childhood cancer coming up in March. Support him with $$$ and he does burpees of gratitude.
- Prayers for Submarine’s friend w/ cancer, given 6 months
- Prayers for Hop Hunter’s wife Becky with kidney stone
- Praise for Bullseye and M Sharee on new baby boy Cash born 2/26
- Praise for Eli’s recovery, Mt Pleasant middle schooler involved in an accident a couple of weeks ago
- Prayers for Berlin’s father with upcoming back surgery; same for Talladega’s father in the near future
- Prayers for Berlin and Praise as well for his strength to share
BOM, pray it out, amen!
21 guys showed up for a beat down, really cool. Even if this wasn’t the most intense or rigorous workout of your life, I hope you are still glad you showed up. The Q Tips I referenced are linked at the top of our Signup Genius page: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094dafae2eab9-qschedule I recommend a read-over as it has some good information, everything from how to plan a workout to executing the workout to doing the backblast afterwards.
There’s something about a group of guys coming together to sweat together and encourage each other. Even more, when we close out and a guy feels safe enough to share what he’s really struggling with in life- that’s awesome! Prov 27:17 says ‘iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another’ which is so true. Even better is Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 which talks about the power of a man having someone to go through life with him, for when he falls the other is there to pick him up. We have that opportunity with the people we contact everyday. Decide to be the one who picks the other person up. Don’t miss your opportunity!