Crabs vs. Bears
[Sorry so late on the BB–crazy couple of days! Disclaimer: I may not be remembering everything correctly so feel free to let me have it!]
5:30 13 PAX showed up in Odell’s teacher lot to witness the longest disclaimer in history for YHC’s triple virgin Q.
Mosey to upper lot of HRMS.
10 Cotton pickers
10 Hillbillies with accelerations
10 Windmills with accelerations
10 IST with accelerations
20 burpees OYO
20 mountain climbers in cadence
Mosey to field down the hill in front of mobile unit for…
The thang: Crabs vs. Bears
- Split into 2 teams for an epic battle of soccer on all fours
- 1 team bear crawls “the bears”
- 1 team crab walks “the crabs”
- Each team has a goalie who stays in plank position (either crab or push-up plank)
- After 5 minute intervals crabs became bears and bears crabs while keeping same teammates.
All tied up at halftime 1-1.
- Can’t remember who scored besides when Sugar kicked a crotch shot that rolled up Life Alert’s long frame over his right shoulder into the goal. #oldmangame
- 2nd Base had at least 3 shots on goal…all extremely unsuccessful! #oldmanshame #shotsfired #he’llneverreadthis
Halftime show was not as scintillating as Superbowl LIII…several PAX were disappointed our version did not include shirtless men with California tattoos…
- 25 air squats
- 15 mountain climbers
- 20 Freddy Mercuries
2nd half displayed some pretty fierce competition out there.
- A few PAX almost got red carded—there may have been a bear standing on 2 legs and some beef that looked more like a squatting frog.
- Significant mumble chatter when the ref (YHC) called a tying shot by el Sabado “wide right”. Losing team insisted on playing out last 45 seconds…battled to the end…left it all on the field…no guts no glory (how many more sports cliches can we come up with??).
Indian run back to Start.
Circle up for Mary
5 Homer to Marge
15 scissor kicks
20 Freddy mercuries
Epic m3 tomorrow 7/8—the bear has the Q
All pro dad tomorrow at Odell Elementary 6:45
LKN doing a “bear”—2/23–JB to clarify
Sugar’s mIL—successful procedure yesterday!
Sugar’s friend’s daughter Allie—battling cancer for the second time.
Schneider’s family grieving his loss
It is really a blessing having the opportunity to connect with such a great group of men several times a week. I am such a pack animal and realize now how much joy I was missing out on not having a group of guys around me that are guaranteed to give me a hard time. 🙂 So glad Life Alert EH’d me a little over a year ago and Heatstroke pushed me to step up and Q a few. I need this.
As far as the workout…YHC missed out on most of the pain chasing stray balls and making bad calls. The 100 or so lame merkins I did didn’t do much except perhaps assuage my slacker guilt a bit.
Probably should have chosen actual mascots because I have no clue how to announce the team that won 2-1…although I will say that the crotch shot that sugar got past Life Alert was worth getting up early to witness.
MVP goes to Schnitzel for such a stellar job in goal for the winners, whatever they’re called.
“Whatever you do, work at it with ALL your HEART!” – Colossians 3:23