The Main Road
7 men showed up to explain the scenario of Moss Creek and it’s poorly lit greenway. 5 logged some fast-paced miles while 2 opted for a slower rucking pace.
Not much of a disclaimer, sorry.
- (Pointing) Follow this main road until it dead ends.
- Then turn right onto the other main road and take a loop through the haunted daycare.
- Take that main road all the way back until it dead ends and turn left towards the greenway.
- Greenway will bring you back to the AO. Got it?
- Extra credit, you can turn up a side street after the daycare and then cross the other main road that comes into the neighborhood and then back down the hill to the original main road.
- Extra extra credit is after the main road curves to the right, head up Dartmoor (I knew this one cause I researched ahead), then turn left and head down Ravenscroft (that’s 2) until you reach the greenway. Two piece of extra credit will give you about 3/4 mile extra.
The actual route for those interested (all opted for the extra credit so included here):
- Moss Farm to dead end at Moss Plantation.
- Right on Moss Plantation, loop through the haunted daycare and then back down Moss Plantation
- Right on Abercorn, Left on Autumn Fire, cross Village Common, Left on Shadow Creek, Right on Moss Plantation.
- Right on Dartmoor, Left on Ravenscroft (the 2nd time you reach Ravenscroft, not the first) down the hill and right on Alexia Ct where you get on the greenway.
- Follow the greenway home
Rucking route: Started down greenway all the way to end at Alexia Ct and then took the roads back to the AO.
- Great run by all the runners. Generally kept together with a quick circle back for the six just before hitting the greenway. Roomba led the way with 4.2 miles total at 8:20 pace. Others weren’t far behind.
- YHC doing the BoneFrog OCR this weekend at Porter Farms on far east side of Concord. Feel free to join. 10 am, half the price of a Spartan race. No burpees (other penalties or try the obstacle again). Sugar and Steel both HC’ed…….. for going out of town this weekend. #toughlove
- Heatstroke planning on a 15 miler Saturday morning at The Valley as part of his half-marathon training. Haven’t decided yet if I should tell him a half-marathon is only 13.1 miles. #toughlove
- Thickburger has become a regular for the rolling rucks on Wednesday. Glad to have you. Commented that even if he forgets his ruck, he’s still not running. #toughlove
- Whatley has another injured ankle. Probably from too many Side Straddle Hops. Rumor is that he had surgery shortly after finishing his All-American football career in high school. Great things were planned for that young man but the world guided him to us instead.
Continued prayers for
- Soprano with the broken foot/ankle
- Heatstroke’s dad
- Marie Callender’s mom
- Other ailing pax that couldn’t be with us for whatever reason