Marquette Splash Loop
6 regular Stoners were lured out into the gloom by the beautiful weather forecast, and 2 Precinct visitors came to collect their Rolling Stone passport stamp. The rain would start a few minutes in and keep us cool for the duration. Disclaimer and…
Marquette Partner Loop was the offering of the day. Partners run the 1.2 mi loop in opposite directions until they meet back near the start, and then reverse directions. The partner and reversing aspects of the workout offer 2 benefits: #1 The faster partner ends up running a longer distance without leaving any Pax behind. In other words, any Pax can walk or run the route at any pace, and everyone gets a great workout. #2 Each partner gets the opportunity to enjoy the climb from the Greenway to the Marquette cul-de-sac and then the steady incline for the length of Marquette St. No one wants to miss out on that!
Teams completed 3-4 loops, mileage ranging between 3.5 and 5.0 miles.
- Thanks to Man Down and Hotwheels for the visit even if they did have an ulterior motive. And great push by both of you on the run!
- I hope you all enjoyed the rain as much as I did. I’m not like Sugar, I wouldn’t like that every workout, but an occasional soaking does the soul good!
- Thanks to all for coming out in the rain. As always, I appreciate the push and the accountability!
- Hit the Brixx is this Sunday. SFN Chariots will roll! Contact Man Down if you’d like more info.
- Single moms and widows free oil changes at Christian Brothers Service Day, Saturday 7:30-2. Only 5 of 67 appointments remaining, so have them call quickly to schedule an appointment if you know a single mother or widow. Come help wash cars if you have time. It’s a great family time.
- Continued prayers for Calendar’s mom, Heatstroke’s dad, Sparknut’s brother
- Hotwheel’s step-mom passed last week. Please pray for his family.
- Kilowatt’s daughter, Ava had another seizure.
- Sparknut’s step-mom had double mastectomy 2 weeks ago and going through chemo
James 4:13-15 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”—14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
Our lives are short brothers! Spend them well for God’s glory!
…hope you got your money’s worth!