2 strong faithful men gathered for a little tempo running. I wasn’t sure anyone would show up since most of the runners are tackling the BRR. @Starsky glad you made it out. The Tempo workout went a little like this.
Mosey from parking lot to track
4 X 400’s – Easy pace (1 Mile)
10 laps run continuously
- 6 X 400 run gradually increase speed per 400 (~3:00 to 2:30 by lap 6 or faster )
- 1 X 400 run at near race 5K pace (about 2/3 into workout increase speed to near race speed for only a couple of minutes)
- 3X 400 run gradually decrease speed per 400 (2 1/2 Miles)
2 X 400 – Easy pace (1/2 Mile)
Mosey back to Parking Lot
- @Starsky welcome out for your first acceleration and I hope it was a good one. Thanks for the opportunity to lead! Come back out anytime.
- We dedicate the 4 miles we ran around the track to those who lost their lives in 9/11. #NeverForget.
- 6am Bull Run and 7am Rail Yard tomorrow morning.