Ten men posted for another day of 80s Action Film Appreciation Week in Concord…
- Mosey to the lower lot, COP, SSH x 25 (IC)
- Mosey to the upper lot, COP, Cotton Pickers x 15 (IC)
- Mosey to the back lot, COP, ISTs x 20 (IC)
- Mosey to the shelter (aka The Thunderdome), COP
- Upper arm / shoulder stretch
- Altogether – 15 Burpees, 20 Smurf Jacks (IC), 25 Freddie Mercs (IC)
Thus began the Thunderdome – two men entered the center of the circle and proceeded to do 15 Burpees, 20 Smurf Jacks, 25 Freddie Mercs while the rest of us held a plank (changing plank positions every 30-60 seconds). After the two in the center were finished, two more replaced them in the middle while the rest continued to hold their planks. We continued until every man had been in the center once.
REPEATO of the above, minus the Burpees but increasing to 25 Smurf Jacks and maintaining 25 Freddie Mercs. Again we cycled thru until every man had done this once.
- Mosey to Mary
- Burpees x 10 (Abogado audible)
- Bay City Scissors x 10 (Bay City audible)
- Brazilians x 20 (Catfish audible)
- Reverse crunch w/ full extension at the top x 10 (Indy audible)
- Crunchy Frog x 20 (Backdraft audible)
- Deerticks x 20 (Deertick audible)
The PAX looked pretty ragged limping in to post this morning, with most still recovering from the Tuesday Tabata and yesterday’s cardio-intensive brutality. Today called for a simplified workout – less cardio, less lower-body, emphasis on shoulders and core. The Thunderdome required each man to hold a plank for roughly 25 minutes straight, with the only recovery time being your turn in the middle. Not easy by any stretch, and I was really impressed with everyone’s resolve. When we finished the REPEATO, Backdraft’s spot on the concrete was nothing but a giant pool of sweat (which Indy said looked like a crime scene), Deertick and Liger were staggering around muttering non-sensically, and Bay City was demanding an apology from the Q (none forthcoming to date). Your Q wasn’t doing any better, as evidenced by the decision to drop the Burpees for the REPEATO – didn’t think I could manage the extra five minutes of planking. Only Flyboy and KGB emerged without any sign of discomfort.
As always, a pleasure to be the Q today. Thanks to those who made it out for the great effort.