The strong (and YHC) posted this morning at El Dorado. This was YHC’s virgin El Dorado Q and, combined with nursing a cold, I was at a quandary as to what to do. Decision? Try a tried-and-true WIB track workout on a vertical track: The El Dorado north deck using Stairway to Heaven and the Mineshaft. Here’s how it went:
-AYG to North Parking Deck
– Each lap consisted of the ladder exercises on the top deck, down the mineshaft, across the lower deck, and up stairway to heaven. The cycle was repeated up and back down the ladder:
- Lap 1 (Up STH)
- Lap 2
- MericansX20, Storm SquatsX20
- Lap 3
- MericansX20, Storm SquatsX20, Scorpion Dry DocsX20
- Lap 4
- MericansX20, Storm SquatsX20, Scorpion Dry DocsX20, WW2 SitupsX20
- Lap 5
- MericansX20, Storm SquatsX20, Scorpion Dry DocsX20, WW2 SitupsX20, LungesX20
- Lap 6
- Storm SquatsX20, Scorpion Dry DocsX20, WW2 SitupsX20, LungesX20
- Lap 7
- Scorpion Dry DocsX20, WW2 SitupsX20, LungesX20
- Lap 8
- WW2 SitupsX20, LungesX20
- Lap 9
- Lap 10 (Down Mineshaft and AYG back to COT)
- Welcome to Glock to a first time El Dorado Post!
- If we ever run this one again, we will need to add a lap (or two) for the likes of Mortimer, Frodo, etc….Thankfully, those that finished early (YHC was not one of them) led the group in some intense 2nd F exercises.
- As someone still taking down stairs one at a time, I’ve got to learn SS Minnow’s “two stair side step shuffle”.
- There are a number of guys in MeCa getting hurt. It’s not normally twists and falls that are getting us (except Nanny). It’s muscle pulls and tears. Warmups, stretching, and cool down are things rarely addressed (or at least addressed well) in our workouts. If we don’t change our workouts to include them, let me encourage you to take it upon yourself to do it. Get to the AO a little early to warm up. Learn to talk and stretch during the COT. Work on balance and agility at the home and office. Take it from me, injuries suck physically, emotionally, and financially. Some of the ones we’re encountering can be avoided.
- F3 Dads workout this Saturday (1-3) at the Panther’s practice field.
- New AO starting up ” Skywalker” on 7/15. This will be held at the Sky Brook/Winding Walk neighborhoods as a Wednesday/Friday Boot Camp workout.
- BRR HDHH Wednesday 7/8 at 8PM to be held at Carolina Ale House. If you’re committed, or simply interested, come on out to plan and share stories. We still need runners and drivers. All are welcome.