15 strong including one FNG showed up for YHC’s V Bootcamp Q. I was a little anxious and arrived at 0510. The first person to show after me was FNG Sherman. Welcome, brother! Explanation of an F3 bootcamp given. The floodgates opened and Pax came in from every direction, including a lit up King Julian gliding in at about 40MPH on his bicycle. YHC explained that my summer intern is a Knob at the Citadel and provided me with some new exercises to try today. They weren’t an epic fail, but will definitely take some practicing!
Things went a little something like this…
Mosey to back of parking lot. Disclaimer given (more detailed than normal since we had an FNG).
Mountain Climber X 15IC
Cotton Picker X10IC
Enter Stage Left – @R2D2 walking up and taking his sweet old time. YHC and the Pax welcomed him appropriately and then we got started.
Mosey over to playground area.
1-10 Prisoner Merkin/Air Press Ladder. YHC was moving a little fast between exercises, so @Dutch chimed in to slow me down. Thanks, brother!
Hit the Rock Pile
Curls X 15
Goblet Squats X 15
Shoulder Press X 15
LBC’s w/ Rock X 10IC
Drop the rocks and mosey to guard rail across from Capital Hill. Plank it up until everyone arrives.
Dips X 10IC. YHC was in Turbo Mode again. Thx Pax for slowing me down!
Incline Merkins X10IC
Derkins X 10IC
Finish Mosey to Capital Hill
Get in group of four.
Four-man square merkins X10. These were a lot harder than they looked on paper.
Split into groups of two.
Partner Bridal Carry 25 yards, switch roles and come back.
Partner Fireman Carry 25 yards, switch roles and come back.
Partner Drags 25 yards, switch roles and come back. None of these were easy.
Army Crawl (on elbows, can’t use knees) 25 yards.
Seal Crawl back (hands flat, can’t use knees) 25 yards. These sucked and will definitely take some practice!!
YHC almost spilled merlot here. Note to Self: Don’t go to HDHH/Tradition on Tap and stay up till midnight before a bootcamp Q!
Mosey back to guardrail.
Dips X 10IC
Incline Merkins X10IC
Slow mosey back to playground.
20 Step Ups each leg
20 sec airborne mindbender
The W X15IC
Low Flutter X15IC
Pretzel Crunch X10IC each side
Low Dolly X15IC
And we’re done!
1) Thanks for the opportunity to lead this morning, men. Enjoyed it!
2) @Gamma and @ Dutch – Thanks for making the trip over from your AO’s for my VQ
3) Welcome Panzer. From what I saw today, you looked STRONG!
4) @Strut – Great work today. Way to push yourself!
5) @Piston and @Preamble – Good job modifying the carries to something you could do that was challenging.
6) I had a Burpee/Air Squat Ladder on Capital Hill planned, along with a few more four-man square merkins. We were spared by the clock!!
7) I’m missing someone from the roster today. Please sound off below so I can give you credit for showing up.