With all the recent expansion (Mint Hill, Davis Lake, Boondocks) and the crescent moon shining high in the morning gloom, one might think they were posting in @F3SouthCarolina. But with the absence of towering palmettos, we all knew we were in @F3Highlands. We were home. And what more to feel like home in Highlands than a little Skyline Grinder to start our day… YHC had other options available, but @Kato traveled over just for this. No need to disappoint. So 19 (#magicnumber) took the #DRP and got after it… well 17 started and 19 finished. Usually the Grinder has the opposite effect.
We don’t need no stinkin’ warm-up
Run out the HCES front entrance (or the manicured rabbit hole if you’re @Gump and his crew) and left on HCP to the base of Skyline
– 10 Muscle ups on the wall
– 40 Air squats
– Run up Skyline to first cul-de-sac on the left
– 10 three-merkin burpees
– 40 LBC
– Run down Skyline
– Rinse and repeat until time is called at 0605
Run back the way you came (i.e., through the rabbit hole for @Gump)
– Pretzel crunch left x 15 IC
– Pretzel crunch right x 15 IC
COT and BOM
– Any last minute takers on camping this weekend? See @TheNanny
– The Bear – June 6th at 0600 from HCES
– Speed – tomorrow at 0530 from HCES
– Strong work all around by the PAX. Everyone kept moving and stayed after it the whole time. Nice job fellas!
– @Nanny stood atop the virtual podium this a.m. with (I believe) @Kato and a Kottering @Kool-Aid on either side.
– Came to the realization during the horribleness that is the Skyline Grinder that the only part that isn’t awful is running down the hill.
– Lots of strong performances and absolutely no quit, especially from some guys who were experiencing the Grinder for the first time… like @Sandman, @Murdock, @Swamp Thing… and certainly the bandana-ed FNG James who @Gump EHed on the run over to Skyline. Though after this morning, he was already pre-planning excuses for not coming back. Safe travels and we’ll see you in three week James – don’t let us down.
– Too bad @Dingo didn’t make it out – “No preblast” he says. (Yeah, because we ALWAYS do that!) I’ll translate for those who don’t speak Aussie, “I’m too scared of the unknown.” He’s also requesting another WIB week show down. Whattaya all think? Sound off in the comments…
– Certainly isn’t the same doing the Grinder without the @Colonel – prayers to him and his family as they cope with the loss of yet another loved one. We’re here for you, brother. Even though I knew you couldn’t be with us, I wanted to bring the Grinder out today in your honor and to let you know we’re think about you and your family. Nothing like seeing the grit and determination of Colonel taking on Skyline. Proud to share a birthday with you (albeit 15 years apart!) I know it’s heavy hearted, but happy birthday brother.
– After successfully dodging the “wearing o’ the birthday sash” for a third year, if you know of any upcoming birthdays, let @Nanny know so he can pack it in his saddle bag.