Six Pax including one visiting FNG posted for the first ever Wednesday Bootcamp in Mint Hill. YHC took some routines straight from the F3 website’s Exercises list.
x denotes 4-count cadence
Mosey through the Korean War Memorial to the first soccer field. COP
- Side Straddle Hop x 15
- Merkins x10
- IST x15
- Smurf Jacks x10
- LBC x30
Mosey to end of field.
- Blimps: 5 burpees, 10 lunge each leg, 15 imperial walker, 20 merkins, 25 plank jacks, 30 squats. Sprint to the end of the field. Repeato. Began at ALS as tribute to Led Zepellin. (Thanks Do Re Mi in CLT Metro.) We did two cycles of this one.
- Dan Taylor: Punishing leg exercise that is a cousin (of sorts) to Jack Webb (as noted by @Bull during the workout). Named after Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump, it combines 1 squat followed by 4 lunges (alternating legs) in ascending order (maintaining the 1:4 ratio). It will leave the PAX feeling like “they ain’t got no legs”. (Thanks Iceman in Greenville.) We did one series of this for the length of the field (120 yards).
- DirtyMacDeuce: A #Routine — 4 sets of three exercises done to 12 repetitions at a four-count, with 12 seconds of rest in-between each set. Each set consists of a chest/ab/core. We (YHC) chose Merkins, Oblique Crunch, and WWII Situps OYO. Audibled away from Merkins to Carolina Dry Docks for the last set.
- Dora 1-2-3: Teams of 2 pax working together to reach cumulative exercise goals of 100, 200, and 300 reps. Pax 1 executes as many reps as possible while Pax 2 sprints 100 yards down and back. Flapjack until team goal is reached. Exercises are a top-to-bottom of body progression, i,e, 100 merkins per team (chest), 200 LBCs per team (core), 300 squats per team (legs). Modified Dora 1-2-3 is 50, 100, and 150 reps. (Thanks Dora in Area 51.) We did the modified Dora 1-2-3 with 35 yard run due to time constraints. Also substituted Apollo Onos for the Air Squats.
- LBC x8, Oblique Crunch x8, repeato
- Low Flutter x8, Pulse Crunch x8, repeato
- WWII Situps- 8 OYO, Mason Twist x8, repeato
- Low Dolly x8, Flutter Kick x8, repeato
- Airborne Mindbender~ 1 minute
- Ball- release lower back muscles.
- After three or four strolls through the Korean War Memorial on previous workouts, YHC just noticed today that there is a fountain in it. #futurecareerinmilitaryintelligencegathering
- YHC is no relation to the Dirty MacDeuce. Thank goodness.
- Thanks for the BS call at the end on the LBCs, “Cause we haven’t done enough of these.” Think it was @Toughskins. Always like to get one of these.
- @Dry Heat- Thanks for coming out during your visit to Charlotte. Hope you can find some guys to help you get F3 started in Phoenix.