10 men met at #Precinct in the warmer-than-expected gloom to partake in a shipwreck adventure.
Split into 2 groups, each group grab a battle rope and a kettle bell (thanks @ManDown for the extra KB). Only requirement, don’t let the rope or KB hit the ground, and follow YHC.
We headed out and ran a 1.8 mile loop around the AO, stopping along the way for various exercises including SSH, Imperial Stormtroopers, Windmills, Squats, Curls, Overhead press, Tricep ext, Lunges, and Burpees. Also completed Mary (flutter kicks, LBCs, dying cockroach) with rope and KBs.
We finished off with an old fashioned tug-o-war and a Circle Merk.
1. Not much detail in the workout description above. #gottashow2know But most would agree it was a solid beatdown with good 2nd F.
2. Thanks to @BOS for the battle ropes. We basically used them as a tether today, but lots more cool exercises can be done with them also. #nexttime
3. For you “non-runners” congrats on running close to 2 miles today. #dingowouldbeproud
4. Speaking of runners, what was @FunkyBunch doing today? When we completed the loop back to the parking lot we see a lone headlamped runner stopping near our cars. Ahoy, it was @Funky who says, “Cool, battle ropes.” And then was off. #WTH?
5. Thanks to @ManDown for mentioning Sanctity of Life Sunday this weekend and taking us out in prayer. #isthatguyapreacher? #couldbe