Doesn’t that title remind you of a 1920’s news article? Well, that’s what happened today at #RollingStone, an old fashioned beatdown with a few ropes (snakes), a couple kettle bells, and a wall. The stinky part was just a general funk to the ropes (What’s up with that, @BOS?).
It played out like this:
Warmup COP: SSH x 39er; Windmill x 15; IST x 15; Mountain Climber x 15; Mericans x 15
Mosey to Skipper-mobile to grab 2 ropes and 2 KBs (thanks for KB assist @Pharaoh).
Tether run with ropes and KBs to Elementary school basketball court.
Lay ropes down and proceed with various line jumps, rope jumps, quick feet, etc.
Break up the perfect number of pax (12) into 6 teams and setup 6 stations:
1. Double Wave arm swings with rope 1.
2. Goblet Squat with KB 1.
3. Shoulder Circles with rope 2.
4. KB swing to press with KB 2.
5. People’s Chair
6. Balls to Wall
Partner 1 ran two laps around the basketball courts while Partner 2 completed the given Station exercise. Flap Jack. Rotate stations.
Jailhouse Mericans (1 up to 8 with shoulder press) and then back down to 1 (of course, we were coming back down @Pharaoh).
Pick up toys and run back to parking lot for 4 Minutes of Mary (MOM).
Mary: Mason Twist, Reverse Crunch, Rosalita, Squirm (@LawDawg tribute call for @Pharaoh; @MarieCallender seems to really enjoy the squirm too).
COT (Prayers for @Waterboy’s friend Zane)
1. When trying to think of what to do with the ropes that @BOS loaned me I did a quick web search and found lots of cool stuff to do with “battle ropes”. #battle #badass
2. It was great meeting some new F3 men at #RollingStone, and catching up with others I’d met during the first week of #RollingStone. The challenge now is keeping it growing (going) during the winter months. #EHresolutionists
3. Thanks @LawDawg for the opportunity to Q! #F3leadership