We didn’t have the shovel flag, but the Pax were 5 strong for Speed.
Mosey to bus parking lot, jog one full loop for warm up.
COP: SSH x 20, mtn climbers x 20, series of stretches
Speed and Agility cone drills:
2 lines of Four cones each were spread 5 yards apart for 1 v 1 races. 5 sets of each.
1. forward/backward sprints to each cone
2. d slides, switching directions at each cone
3. forward, normal suicides
4. two foot hop over the cone, sprint to next cone, two foot hop, etc.
length of bus parking lane drills (apprx 15 yards)
1. Pax had 30 seconds to run up and back. recover for remainder of 30 sec than get ready for round 2 which is 2 up and backs in 30 sec. recover. then 3 up and backs in 30 sec. Attempt 4 up and backs in 30 for rd 4.
2. 1 minute intervals. run up, 5 merkins, run back, 5 merkins. recover for remainder of the 1 minute. Then 2 up and backs w the 5 merkins at each end line. recover with remaining time within the given 1 minute. x 3 up back. x 4 up back.
One grand finale suicide using the basketball hoops.
Mosey to parking lot for stretching.
1. I was certain we’d have 10+ this morning for Speed. Certain. But clearly I was wrong. T-claps to Pavarotti, Ironhyde, Google, and Law Dawg for making it happen. It was warm out and we were sweating within five minutes. The rain made the pavement slick on the suicides but YHC was the only one to wipe out.
2. Great push by everyone. Forcing the 1 v 1 races on each set made everyone go all out.
3. Great numbers overall at each of the Highlands workouts this week. Keep it up men.
Have a great weekend.