Six Churches, Six Stations
All Concord BackblastsJune 24th, 2026
Date: 6/24/2026
Pax: Toothpicks (Michael), Strikeout (Blair), Spud, Luther, Tombstone, LMU, Drifter, Rambo, Girl Dad, Scooter
Ten men posted on a great day for a beatdown.
WARM UP
Mosey out to Boys and Girls Club parking lot
- X20 SSH
- X15 Hillbillies
- Arm Circles
- X5 Loose Change
THE THANG
6 Stations
- Station 1 – X30 Mercians (X10 Wide, X10 Diamond), X25 V Ups, X30 Lunges
- Station 2 – X25 Carolina Dry Docks, X10 Core Killers, X25 Squats
- Station 3 – X30 Mercians (X10 Wide, X10 Diamond), X25 V Ups, X30 Lunges
- Station 4 – X25 Carolina Dry Docks, X10 Core Killers, X25 Squats
- Station 5 – X30 Mercians (X10 Wide, X10 Diamond), X25 V Ups, X30 Lunges
- Station 6 – X25 Carolina Dry Docks, X10 Core Killers, X25 Squats
Mosey to AO – X10 Burpees
MARY
Stretch it out on your own
COT
Praise for Swim For Ella – 5th year and every growing. Over $25,000 raised this year!!!
Prayers for Ruthie’s healing and the whole O’Brien family, Cat and Deb, Katniss and Taylor, and for healing for El AB’s back.
MOLESKIN
Perfect weather and a good group of ten, with some new faces.
We named two FNGs this morning. Welcome Toothpicks and Strikeout.
The six stations were at six churches spanning across downtown Concord. Good reminder of the strong foundation of a community of faith that Concord has been built on.
Thanks to a little help from AI, here’s a quick blurb on each:
- Forest Hill United Methodist (265 Union St N): Started as a Sunday school in 1882, founded by mill owner Captain James Odell and his son, who built a small chapel on the mill property. What began as a wooden chapel is now an eight-building campus at the north end of Union.
- Concord Associate Reformed Presbyterian (177 Union St N): Organized in 1901 with just 25 members, holding its first services in a livery stable at Buffalo and Spring. The current sanctuary was finished in 1908.
- First Presbyterian (70 Union St N): Founded in 1804 when Concord was only nine years old, and believed to be the first congregation organized in the new town. It brought the first pipe organ to Concord in 1880 and moved to its Union Street home in 1927.
- Central United Methodist (30 Union St N): Established in 1836, with its first one-room building going up in 1839. A bit of history here: Jefferson Davis spent the night across the street in 1865, and his military escort bunked in the church.
- St. James Lutheran (104 Union St S): Founded in 1843 as Concord’s first Lutheran church by members of the rural Coldwater congregation who wanted to worship closer to home. Its distinctive Indiana limestone sanctuary still anchors the corner of Corban and South Union.
- Price Memorial AME Zion (192 Spring St SW): Formed in 1895 by members of Zion Chapel, Concord’s oldest African American congregation. It was funded by Warren C. Coleman, the wealthiest Black businessman in North Carolina at the time, to serve workers at his textile mill.
As always, thank you for the opportunity to lead
Scooter