Gremlin 2020 Preblast – 1/18/20
2nd annual MECA-wide CSAUP event named in honor of our very own GREMLIN (aka Rick Vito Pinto)
Saturday, January 18, 2020
0600 – 1200 – Rain or Shine, no refunds
1200-?: Recover, Refreshments, 2nd F
UNCC Campus West Deck
8724 Cameron Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223 – see map below or click here
Gremlin was an F3 Mint Hill Pax member who passed away after a running workout in January 2018 due to a heart attack. He is survived by his wife, Tonya, and three beautiful daughters: Sophia, Gabrielle and Alina. Rick was a UNCC alumni and member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
This CSAUP (Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless) event, will be in his honor and forever memorialize his name. It will be the toughest thing you will ever love to do with 100+ of your closest, sweaty friends. Last year over PAX showed up. This year our goal is 200!
All sixteen MECA AO’s will provide Q’s to lead various pain stations throughout the 8ish mile trek around the UNCC campus that morning but DO NOT let that discourage you from signing up!! Here’s why:
1. There will be a TON of encouragement throughout the event, the energy of the group will be enough to keep anyone going strong. Folks can rest at anytime and there will be water and Gatorade throughout!
2. If someone get tired or doesn’t want to run/workout anymore, we will have four (4) trucks shadowing the group to help transport folks to the next quadrant or home base. Medics will also be on site and following the group throughout the event.
3. Can’t attend the whole event? Here are the various starting times and locations for you to “jump in” when you can (all times are approximate and subject to change):
0530-0600: West Deck Roof
0610: Alumni Pavilion
0745: North Deck
0900: Kennedy Building Courtyard
1010: Cone Deck
1115: West Deck, 1st Floor
1200: West Deck 3rd Floor
4. There will be free food and refreshments at the end thanks to the generosity of our fellow Pax: Sizzlean, Laser and our AO’s. AYE!
4. There is no cost to sign-up, it’s FREE!
5. Lastly, and most importantly, Rick will be participating right along-side us the whole time shouting “I AM A CHAMPION!” If you don’t come, you won’t hear it.
Plan for all weather scenarios. This event will be held outside in the rain, snow, heat or cold.
To sign up and/or volunteer for the event, click “HERE“
–T-shirt – Post Orders only Click HERE
(Deadline for preorder was 12/12/19 if you wanted it for the event)
–Ride a Bike: Shadow the group and provide support as needed (water, assist medical team, etc.).
–Drive a Truck: Shadow the group to carry coolers of water, transport an injured Pax member or transport Pax to next workout location.
-Take Photographs or Video of the event including Drone footage to be used in next years Gremlin promo.
-You or your company Sponsoring a portion of the workout (T-shirts, food, drinks, giveaways, etc.)
Want to make a donation to the family?
A Richard V. Pinto Memorial Trust has been established to help Tonya, Sophia, Gabrielle, and Alina. The account is at Bank of America. To contribute, you can:
1: Send a check made out to the Richard V. Pinto Memorial Trust and mail to
P.O. Box 27
Burgaw, NC 28425
2. Call your bank or go online and wire funds to Bank of America
3. Simply make a deposit to that account at a Bank of America branch.
Items to Bring:
-Lip Balm/Gold Bond/Body Glide
-Clothes for the weather (Layers)
-Nourishment (gels, protein bar, etc)
Workout Q’s (listed by MECA AO):
- Afton: Amway
- Boondocks: Big Tuna/Motown
- Comanche: Sizzlean/10&2
- Concord: Scooter
- Davis Lake:Laser
- Dawghouse: Kojak/Rerun
- Harrisburg: Wexler
- Highlands: Disaster/Dutch Boy
- Kannon: Chicken Strip
- Mint Hill: Bluecrush
- Precinct: Skipper
- Rolling Stone: Manwhich
- Skywalker: Overdraft
- Tradition: Guinness
- The Valley: The Farm/Blowout
F3 Nation, Inc. (“F3″) is a peer-led, zero-cost non-profit workout group. F3 makes no representations with regard to the skill level of workout leaders, the safety of the exercises performed during workouts or the hazardous nature of the premises upon which workouts are conducted. The men who lead F3 workouts are not paid to do so and no representations of any kind are made by F3 about their skill level. The premises upon which F3 workouts are conducted are not owned or maintained by F3. F3 makes no representations of any kind regarding their safety. Although F3 workouts vary widely in intensity, all F3 workouts tend to be rigorous and are undertaken upon uneven ground during periods of limited visibility. Therefore, there are certain dangers inherent in participating in an F3 workout. Participants must be 18 or older and are assumed to have made their own reasonable decision as to whether they should so participate. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a father or male legal guardian. F3 disclaims any and all responsibility for any individual’s decision to participate in an F3 workout. By participating in an F3 workout, an individual assumes the risks inherent in doing so. This Disclaimer and Notice is made by F3 on its own behalf and on the behalf and for the benefit of any person leading an F3 workout and/or otherwise acting for the benefit of F3.