40 posted to honor UNC Charlotte
Forty men came together on Saturday, 5/4, at 0530 to honor the UNC Charlotte community after the horrific campus shooting on Tuesday, 4/30. I’m thankful to all of the men who came out to remember Ellis “Reed” Parlier and Riley Howell, the two students who were murdered that day as well as the four students who were wounded, Drew Pescaro, Sean DeHart, Rami Al-Ramadhan, and Emily Houpt. YHC decided to utilize 4 levels of the parking deck with 9 exercises. Here’s what we did:
– Mosey to first level of deck and circle up
– SSH x 10
– Cotton pickers x 10
– IST x 10
YHC set up 9 stations on 4 levels in the garage. I can’t remember what station was on each level, so I’m just going to list the stations here:
1. Merkins x 20
2. Burpee x 10
3. Squats x 30
4. LBCs x 30
5. Carolina Dry Docks x 30
6. Reverse Crunch x 30
7. Dips x 30
8. Calf raises x 30
9. SSH x 30
– Sugar led us in a variety of exercises
– Hearing 40 men at the very beginning in the parking garage during the warm-up almost brought me to tears. It reminded me of the power of F3.
– Please keep the Reed’s and Riley’s families in your prayers as they deal with the loss of a loved one.
– Please keep Drew, Sean, Rami, and Emily in your prayers too as they recover from their wounds.
– Lastly, please keep all of Niner Nation in your prayers as we return to campus and continue to move forward.