Eleven PAX made the wise choice and arrived at Highland Creek Elementary to a comfortable 62 degrees and an enthusiastic Q. Not surprisingly, no one else went with the Bro Tank.
Disclaimer was given that since YHC is on Spring Break, he has absolutely no responsibility today. None. Zero. Nada. Modify as needed.
Mosey included butt-kickers and high-knees to the MS middle lot.
Side-Straddle Hops, Imperial Storm Troopers, Cotton Pickers, Mountain Climbers, Merkins (all in cadence).
The Line Jumps: 30 seconds feet together, 15 seconds right foot only, 15 seconds left foot only.
Mosey to the bus parking lot for…
PAX received introduction to the HIITSBB: High-Intensity Interval Training Spring Break Beatdown (trademarked), emphasizing anaerobic exercise and limiting down-time as much as possible.
Part I: PAX started at the first basketball goal. I call out exercise change every 30 seconds, continuous work.
- Run for 30 seconds (first goal to third goal and back, etc.)
- Jump Squats
- Carolina Dry-Docks
Walk back to starting spot, 45 seconds rest.
Repeat-o for total of six sets.
Slow mosey length of parking lot to area next to rock (better lighting to see the PAX).
Part II: Circle up for EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute). All three exercises completed on-your-own, start again after one-minute.
- 15 Wide-Merkins
- 10 Plank Jacks
- 5 Diamond Merkins
Repeato for six sets, with a bonus plank addition on the last set.
Mosey to starting spot for…
Low-Flutter x 20 (inserted randomly during halfway of Phase I)
Pretzel Crunch x 20 (10 each side)
Squirm (x 20, of varying cadence speeds)
COT & BOM
My goal with today’s Beatdown was simple: Make it suck. Per @NumberOne, “I thought the ‘I’ stood for ‘Intervals.’ Where were the intervals?” (Cleaned up for public posting)
I appreciated the mumblechatter of displeasure, especially from my man @DropCloth, who clearly got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
- Plenty of Q opportunities.
- @Disaster mentioned Slack post by @Bromance of Trail Life USA. Great opportunity for 2.0’s.
Additional digital announcements:
- Also, F3 Nation mentioned that they were opening up their Slack channel to all of the PAX in the Nation. Here are the sign-ups for main channels of communication for F3 MECA:
- F3 Nation Slack: https://f3nation.com/slack/
- F3 MECA Slack’s link is in each one of the e-mails…which you can sign up for right here: https://f3nation.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=91c4c6afd33431e2a390dc0ae&id=456fc58c82
Prayers for the leaders of our city, for those who take the pledge to serve and protect (both domestically and abroad), and for our community to exercise their right for peaceful, non-violent protest and proper civic engagement. Most importantly, thank you to our Lord for everything we have received, especially as we enter the Easter Weekend.
It was, and always is, an honor to lead this group.
Iron Sharpens Iron