You can thank last year’s Q
Eight PAX for some quality time on their faces at today’s alternate site boot camp…
- Mosey down Main St, circle up, SSH x 20
- Mosey to the north entrance, Windmills x 15
- Mosey toward City Hall, IST x 20
- Mosey back to the Sports Junction
Circle of Pain With UNO
- Deal cards out to the group
- Everyone hold plank in a circle and take turns turning over an UNO card
- For each card, color determines the exercise – red = merkens, blue = shoulder taps, green = Carolina drydocks, yellow = one-arm pushups
- For each card, the number determines the number of reps
- After every four times around the circle, run to Hawthorne’s and back
- REPEAT until time for Mary
- In-and-Outs w/ hold for 2 minutes
- Pretzel crunch x 15 each side
- Circle Supermans for 2 minutes
Lots of discussion this week regarding logistics for today’s boot camp. Several PAX planned to do the workout then run the 5K immediately after, so your Q had to meet a lot of demands when planning this one. We ultimately decided on meeting at our regular Wednesday location, and shortening to a 45 minute workout. I also was informed that a leg-intensive workout similar to the one a certain other Q led last year would not be well-received.
Anyways, as the backblast shows, we spent a large portion on the 45 minutes on our hands. Pretty humid conditions as well, led to us leaving a solid sweat trail everywhere we went. Those summer mornings are definitely coming fast .
The highlight of the morning was being a spectator for the race. @Swami and @Chaos were at RR Coffee to join us. I told @Talladega and @DickTracy I’ve never been one to stand around and watch a race while sipping coffee, but it’s definitely something I could do again. Congrats to our many runners today – @Gamma, @Starsky, @HKP, @FlipPhone, @Klump, @Wexler, @Pocahontas, @Riptide, @BurVegas, @Ito…who else? There were others.
Anyways great job to them and a big thanks to those who posted today. Hopefully you still had your legs for the race.