Workout by F3, Soundtrack by FIA
Four runners and two ruckers showed up at Highland Creek Sports Club this morning to honor the memory of Lt. Michael Patrick Murphy through our monthly running of the Murph. @Illuminati showed up expecting kettle bells but received a rude introduction to the Murph instead. Here’s how it all went down.
- Run One Mile
- 10 Pullups
- 20 Merkins
- 30 Air Squats
- Repeato exercises X 10
- Run One Mile
MARY (in order of finish)
- Plank punches IC X 15 (or 16) (Kleanup)
- Low flutter IC X 20 (Sparky)
- LBC IC X17 (Illuminati)
COT, BOM, Prayer
- Nice work by the PAX today, including Murph rookie @Illuminati. I enjoyed the Second F during our run. He used the old “monologuing” technique from the Incredibles and had me so busy talking that I forgot to insert my usual uphill walk into the second mile. Well done sir.
- The exercise regimen was going well and was even pretty quiet thanks to my determination not to be mistaken for Monica Seles this month. Then ruckers @Hugo and @Nanny showed up along with some very uninspiring music coming from Nanny’s rucksack. We started off with two different hillbilly/bluegrass numbers and then descended down to Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” which @Nanny defended as being “a great song”. We accused him of accidentally picking up his wife’s playlist but he insisted on maintaining ownership all morning. After grilling @Poutine over his choice of “Careless Whisper” last week, we had no choice but to call @Nanny out on this. And he wonders why the rucking participation is slowly declining.
- By the way #Highlands will be hosting a workout soundtrack Q School in the very near future if you guys keep this up. Hopefully we can talk @Alcatraz into bringing his Touchdown Beatdown soundtrack with him as an example of what you SHOULD be doing.
- Thanks to the #Skywalker run team for dropping by to say hello. It was nice to see @Churchill back in the gloom again even though no one could understand what the hell he was saying.
- Just a reminder that we have been challenged to completely fill our March Sign Up Genius by the end of the month. Plenty of spots still available so please sign up to Q if you haven’t done it in a while. Mettle, Cruise, Speed, and Q Source Grinder are also included. Remember, only two signups per person. Thanks for jumping on this early.
- @Barrister has the Q tomorrow with the 4th edition of the F3 Grand Prix. Don’t miss it.