Saving the Best for Last
Five runners and three ruckers showed up at the Highland Creek Sports Club this morning to honor the memory of Lt. Michael Patrick Murphy and the rest of our armed forces through the monthly running of The Murph. The PAX was working on a later holiday schedule this morning because the Q felt like sleeping in. Mettle was just wrapping up when YHC arrived so I joined in for the prayer and collected a couple of unearned fist bumps along the way. The rest of the Murph PAX filtered in as the rest of the Mettle PAX filtered out over the next few minutes. @Poutine was man enough to stay for a second helping of beatdown while @Pony Boy stuck around for a little bit of rucking action with @Kleanup and @Nanny. Here’s how everything went down.
- Run/ruck one mile, finishing at the playground
- 10 pullups
- 20 merkins
- 30 air squats
- Repeato exercises ten times
- Run/ruck one mile, finishing at the parking lot
MARY (doing our best to avoid getting wet)
- Parker Peters IC X 15 (Poutine)
- Plank Jacks IC X 15 (Powerball)
- Cotton Pickers IC X 15 (Gordo)
- J-Lo IC X 15 (Brinkley)
- Low Flutter IC X 19 (Disaster) (and now we’re all wet)
- Something IC X 15 (Kleanup)
- Plank with arm lifts, leg lifts (The Nanny)
COT and BOM and Prayer
- Good turnout by the PAX today despite a constant misty rain. The extra sleep must have helped. We got plenty of 2nd F in as well as we caught up on some football talk. @Powerball got some double-barreled shade from the two Gator fans as well.
- T-Claps to @Poutine who stuck around for both Mettle and the Murph today. The lower latitude and lack of snow must have given him that extra boost of energy.
- T-Claps to @Pony Boy who completed Mettle and a mile long ruck afterwards. Also @Kleanup and @The Nanny who managed to ruck both miles and completed (most) of the exercises.
- Welcome back to the Murph @Brinkley who made a strong showing for his second time out. Well done.
- @Powerball and @Gordo crushed it today as expected. Thanks to @Powerball for updating Twitter and Slack today as well. Two less things for me to have to do.
- Coffeteria at the Sweet Spot afterwards. Thanks to @Poutine and @The Nanny for showing up for some well-earned breakfast.
- Remember there is no bootcamp at Highlands tomorrow. There is a 7AM New Years Day convergence at Comanche so feel free to post there to work off that hangover.
- Sign Up Genius is pretty empty for January so please sign up to Q if you haven’t done so in a while. Thanks to @Brinkley for stepping up to take the open spot this Thursday.
- Happy New Year to everyone. If you need a good resolution try to find someone to EH in January. There are plenty of men looking for a reason to get in shape for the new year and maybe F3 is the answer they are looking for.