9 of Harrisburg’s strongest came out in the breezy gloom to see what YHC had in store for his VQ. It went a little something like this.
Mosey to far end of parking lot
SSH x 15
IST x 15
Michael Phelps oyo
KB swings x12x10x8x10x12
Lawnmowers (each arm) x12x10x8x10x12
Sumo squats x12x10x8x10x12
Outhouse curls x12x10x8x10x12
Single arm chest press (each arm) x12x10x8x10x12
Turkish Get up – 2 minutes with KB in each hand
Skull crushers x12x10x8
Figure 8s x12x10x8
Should press (each arm) x12x10x8
Bentover row x12x10x8
KB Clean (each arm) x12x10x8
Turkish get up – 1 min with KB in each each hand
Low flutter x15
- Thanks for the opportunity to lead and for cutting me some slack on my first Q!
- Didn’t have time to get back up the ladder for the second set of exercises.
- Lots of mumblechatter when I mentioned Turkish get up. Starsky informed us that the Turkish, in fact, do NOT get up like that and Clueless let us know that there’s a reason this exercise hasn’t been done in a long time.
- Good to have Photon join us today.
- Special thanks to Sheepdog for the EH to get me to come to my first F3 workout back in May.
- Prayers for Starsky’s friend and his wife, who has been given 4 months to live.
- Park clean up, Thursday 9/20 7-11 am. Even 10 minutes would be appreciated. See Wexler for details.
- Don’t forget about the shirt order. Orders due by the end of 9/24.
In Freed to Lead, Dredd and OBT state that “…any man who wants to be a modern-day warrior has to deliberately search for the hard things in life (if he wants to play) or everything he does will be easy (and thus work). If he doesn’t do that, if he doesn’t search, then it’s all work and no play and that makes Jack a dull, soft and inert man.” So find something difficult that other men are not willing to do and go play.