15 Guys out today – (YHC forgot to use his recording device so he needs a little help remembering all who posted)
Disclaimer given, it was time to mosey on down to the lower parking lot for a quick warm up routine (canned):
SSH x 20 IC
IW x 20 IC
Low Slow Squat x 20 IC
Hand Circle walk to open up the hips (mouhtful) x 6
Part 1 – Get your Rock, Love your Rock, never leave your Rock
Mosey to the crick and pick out a handy sized granite baby to love and carry for the rest of the morning, (or until you realize 5 minutes in that you’ve picked up too much rock baby and run back to trade down in size)
Run to the Sand VB Court post it up.
As a group do the said exercise, then run the hills. Post up the Rock till the six catches up.
Round 1 – standing rock curls x 20 IC, Run down the trail, up the hill, along the ridge, across the gap, up another hill, back to the sand, Post & Hold. (EC rock curls till 6 makes it in)
Round 2 – (deuce kindly reminds YHC on the nuances of a proper cadence start, THX) standing OH rock extensions x 20 IC. Run down the trail, (post for the six), run up the hill, along the ridge, across the gap, up another hill, back to sand, Post & hold.
Round 3 – Rocks over the Shoulder x 20 IC (10 each side). Run down the trail, up the hill, along the ridge, across the gap, up another hill, back to the sand, Post & Hold.
Round 4 – Low slow squats (choose your rock hold) x 20 IC. Run down the trail, up the hill, along the ridge, across the gap, up another hill, back to the sand, Post & Hold.
Mosey over to picnic shelter
Part 2 – Arms burn out
Everyone grab a seat on a table (until seats run out, then like YHC layout on the floor) and commence the burnout
- Big Mac Presses x 20 IC, Horizontal Extensions x 20 IC
- Big Mac Presses x 16 IC, Horizontal Extensions x 16 IC
- Big Mac Presses x 12 IC, Horizontal Extensions x 12 IC
Mosey to the Double-Wide Tennis courts
Part 3 – Wind Sprints
Everyone line up on the Doubles side line
- Sprint (or like YHC run slower than the PAX) to the far end and back 1X
- Bent Over Rock Rows x 10 IC (Thanx Swiss Miss for the time reminder, 9 minutes to go)
- Sprint to the far end and back 2X
- Bent Over Rock Rows x 10 IC
- Sprint to the far end and back 3X
Time to Mosey back to the Crick, bid farewell to the rock you’ve loved and lugged for the past 35 minutes, toss it back into said Crick.
Mosey back to the Lower Parking Lot
Part 4 – Stretching
Everyone circle up as YHC leads the pax into positions men are not accustomed to.
- Hands high and reach for the sky, breathe & stretch
- Lower hands wide to a standing T and bend @ the hips to a horizontal flat back, breathe and stretch
- Lower head and arms to hang near the knees, legs straight, breathe stretch
- Hug the knees and pull them closer, breathe @ stretch
- Hands to the ground and walk out to triangle, butts high, legs & back straight, hold
- Walk hands out to Plank, hold (Deuce gave the 10 count, but YHC thinks he forgot numero 2)
- From Plank, drop the hips to the ground & aim the face to the sky, feel the stretch (Deuce gave another 10 count, again forgot numero 2, what’s up with that?)
- Roll over to the six, hug the knees into the chest, hold
- Lower the right leg and pull the left leg over, hold then flapjack.
A few thoughts
OK, so YHC got a little carried away with the cadence, but he needs the practice.
Overall it was a very strong effort by all pax on post today. At first the pax was a little quiet as it got used to the unfamiliar landscapes at Veteran’s Park. But the mumble chatter could be heard as the pax moved away from the hill into the tabled shelter. But in the the shelter the chatter turned to other sounds of effort as arms were getting burned. But chatter resumed in the mosey to the Tennis Courts only to again be silenced by “oh he said twice”
Muchas gracias to the pax for following along in YHC’s first opportunity to lead as your QIC. Everyone paid in the effort and gave their all.
TClaps to Swiss Miss for the awesome job catching my six.
TClaps to the FNG’s Farmwood, Flo, and Mike&Ike.
Keep Posting fellas and remember:
“After you’ve done all you can to stand, stand.” – Paul the Apostle