Visitors at the Vet – for Pile Driver!
6 Pax came out for this week’s edition of Mint Hill – Pile Driver and were treated to a visit from some special guests to help ensure their week got started the right way. YHC arrived at 4:45 for a solo ruck but stopped a bit early to make a quick stop at the finest public restroom in Mint Hill at 5:20 to ensure that he was light on his feet and ready to go by 5:25ish. Othello had read the preblast and was eager to know who would be joining us while young Epsilon suggested a Jack Webb appearance, which is always a great choice!
We started with a quick lap around the parking lot with some high knees, butt kickers and carioca over to the memorial area. Today’s warm-up is brought to you by the BLIMPS!
- B – Burpees (x10, OYO)
- L – Lunges (x10, each leg, OYO)
- I – Inch Worm Merkin (x10, OYO)
- M – Merkins (x10, IC)
- P – Plank Jacks (x15, IC)
- S – Squats (x10, IC)
Guest 1 – Burpee Dan’s: Over to the track for Burpee Dan’s: Ratio is one burpee to four walking lunges – increment up to 10 burpees and 40 lunges
Guest 2 – Jack Webb’s (extended version): 1 merkin/4 forward presses/4 overhead presses – increment to total of 10 merkins, 40 forward presses, 40 overhead presses
Medley 1 – Misc. medley of step-ups, calf raises, sit-ups, incline merkins, decline merkins (aka derkins) using the picnic tables at the small shelter. Some of these were done IC and some were OYO.
Guest 3 – Captain Thor (aka Captain America): 1 WWII sit-up/4 American Hammers – increment to total of 10 sit-ups and 40 hammers.
Medley 2 – Over to the open soccer field for bear crawl medley with plank shoulder taps, plank jacks and hand release merkins. Followed by 1 legged SSH (each leg, x10 IC) and then mosey back to the starting area where the flag usually is.
No time for that today!
1. Prayers for everyone those that are sick, injured, in recovery and not able to join us. Thanks – Starbucks for taking us out today with a strong and meaningful prayer.
2. Saturday, 4/10 – Delta “Fire and bad beer” shindig – start time – 5PM
- Saturday, 4/24 – Sanction sponsored Morrow Mountain F2 hike. More to come
- Thanks for coming out this morning – the numbers were down to spring break, fart sacking, post Easter, etc. but the effort was very strong!
- Always a privilege and honor to lead these HIM’s at Mint Hill!
- I’m very grateful and blessed to be part of the F3 nation. It provides the stability, consistency, organization, discipline and brotherhood that I need in my life!