Stay on the Sidewalks for Safety (This is Fine)
One thing YHC values is transparency. I like to know what’s coming, and I like to let others know what they can expect — especially when the situation may be different from what may be expected.
So, with that in mind, YHC put out a brief preblast on Slack Wednesday night advertising that 1) I had the Q for the 5:30 a.m. boot camp the next day and B) There would be running — and a field trip — involved.
Six others graced the gloom, either ignorant to said preblast or ready to embrace it. A disclaimer was given, it was noted that YHC was the only one who’d heeded the call for a headlamp, and off we moseyed to the bus lot for…
- SSH x19
- Cotton Picker x10
- Windmill x10
After the brief circle-based Warmarama, we exited the bus lot out the back and turned up Shelley toward the firehouse. About halfway up we stopped and did 10 merkins (IC), with YHC noting that we might want to get on the sidewalk (for safety).
Continued our mosey to the intersection of Ridge and Shelley, where we stopped for 10 squats (IC) before running across Ridge. We ran down Shelley to Green Pasture and turned right, stopping at the corner of Creek Breeze for 20 LBCs on-your-own. Continued up Creek Breeze to the base of The Hill to 485 for…
YHC explained the game: Run up to the first side street and do 20 merkins, run back to the base and then up to the second side street for 20 merkins and 20 squats. Back to the base and all the way to the top for 20 merkins, 20 squats, and 20 LBCs, before coming back down and planking for The Six.
After that was done, YHC called repeato with CDD, Lunges (10 each leg), and World War IIs replacing the original exercises.
Once done, we picked up The Six and paused for a brief 10 count before heading back the way we came. No exercises were done on the way back, only the mosey.
Back to the HCES front lot, wave goodbye to @powerball, and circle up for…
- Low Flutters x15
- Pretzel Crunch x10 (each side)
- The W x12
- Recover, recover
- Great work by everyone today as we logged more than 3 miles. First time I’ve ever done that at a 45-minute Highlands Boot Camp.
- Props to @ponyboy, @chowder, and @hugo, who made some modifications for less running, but did more exercises than the rest of us while still staying with the group.
- Today’s parenthetical BB title comes courtesy of @ponyboy, who replied that he was “fine” when YHC asked how everyone was doing on the way back. It was then revealed that it wasn’t a normal “fine” but that kind of “fine” you get from the M when she is, in fact, not fine.
- After YHC’s first insistence that we hit the sidewalks for safety, others took up the call throughout the rest of the beatdown. Possibly in jest, but still. We did see more cars than expected, especially in the earlier part of the workout.
- Check Slack for an opportunity to help the guys in Harrisburg help a family in need.