No Sparky, antimony is not the same as alimony. What is up with the Skywalker PAX?
5 of Highlands oldest, wisest, and smartest joined YHC for the celebration of 51 year young! As a test, YHC decided to Q all 3 bootcamps at Highlands today just to prove a point that age is simply a number. This was beatdown #2, which pretty much duplicated the 5:30 am beatdown. It was a nice 51F (might have rounded off that one) as well, so what a great way to start our day. A full disclaimer was given, which as always, excluded Canada from any liability. We moseyed to the back of HCE doing carioca from right to left and then switched side. Mumblechatter was already in full form even before we circled up for warmarama.
- Mummy IC x19
- Skiers IC x15
- Prisoner Squats IC x13
- Gremlin x11
- Plank-A-Rena x3
THE THANG – PARTNER;
This beatdown incorporated some trivia questions around the #51. All correct answers to the questions were deducted from the total number of burpees planned at the end of the beatdown. All exercises below had a partner counter with each partner taking turns counting. We did 3 rounds of 17 (51 total) of the exercises below. Again, partner 1 keeps going until partner 2 completes his 17 reps.
QUESTION 1: March 23rd is the XXnd day of the year? Answer: 82nd – Great job @snowsuit
Partner 1 Partner 2 (Counter) 3 rounds
- Pick Ups Merkins x17
- Plank hold Jump Knee Tucks x17
- Bunny Hops Plank Jack x17
Mosey around parking lot for Doomsday Clock – Squat Hold + Jump = 51
Question 2: Name 3 famous athletes who wore #51? Answer: Dick Butkus, Randy Johnson, Ichiro, Bernie Williams, Ken Norton jr. Sam Mills – Great job @brinkley and @sparky
- Heels to Heaven Donkey Kicks x17
- CDD Apollo Ono (2=1) x17 Audible was called after first round due to too much bitching so CDD became counting exercises
- Freddy Mercury Power Squats x17
Question 3: Which element has the atomic number 51? Answer: Antimony The PAX didn’t get this one, and just like @Greek, @sparky also got Antimony confused with alimony. YHC is not sure what is going on in Skywalker, but hopefully, everyone is remaining married and they don’t need to learn more about difference between antimony and alimony.
Mosey around parking for Doomsday Clock Merkins = 51
Question 4: What is another name for the famous Homey Airport? Answer: Area 51 Great job @ONJ
Question 5: Which state is Area 51 in? Answer: New Mexvada No so great job here since YHC was generous after someone blurted out New Mex and YHC immediately said no, and then someone else called out Nevada.
- Plank Skiers Tricep Dips x17
- Jump Lunges Incline merkins x17
- Mason Twist Star Jumps x17
Question 6: Highway 51 is only in Mecklenburg county and connects which 3 towns? Answer: Pineville, Matthews, Mint Hill – Great job @blacksheep, @sparky, @brinkley? YHC is a little fuzzy here.
Mosey back to the front of the school for Marry while answering some questions on the wosey.
Question 7: When dialing out of the country, country code 51 is for which country? Answer: Peru – great job @snowsuit. The PAX practically named all countries starting in P so YHC gave it to them. Feeling generous!
- Stretches –
- left foot over right and reach down. Hold for 10 counts then flap jack
- Hand next to foot – other hand reaches up and then flap jack
Thanks to @snowsuit for keeping YHC in line since count-o-rama and name-o-rama was forgotten by YHC who jumped right away into prayer requests and announcements.
- Prayers for @onj and the entire Asian community as they face an increase in various forms of attacks (physical, verbal, etc). It is absolutely disturbing and heartbreaking that some people will purposely attack others because of race, or because they are different than they are. I am so thankful that F3 is open to all men. Let’s continue to expand that mission outside of F3 and into our community and speak up when we see and hear things that are simply wrong!
- Prayers for @ponyboy mom who will have shoulder surgery on Friday.
- Prayers for @shazam and his family as they are going through the process of adopting Jesiah, who is 3 years old and has a medical condition that will eventually lead to a liver transplant.
- YHC admits that this group is a lot smarter than they look! Congrats on the trivia answers. YHC had a good time with it and hope the same goes for all.
- Thankful that @blacksheep was able to wake up “That Early”, as he stated, so he could attend 6:30 am beatdown.
- Thanks again for the food pantry donations. Shout out to @gordo who’s contributed generously more than once. YHC knows you are probably tired of hearing about the same thing. But YHC assumes that not too many of us have ever been hungry to the point where it hurts while looking at an empty fridge. So for those who have the means to do so, go spend generously on groceries for those kids who will benefit from the food pantry. Bring your kids shopping, and they will show you what being generous is all about, especially if you show them the grocery list of food options.
- Thursday 5:30 am and 6:30 am will be combined and held at Comanche to support their AO anniversary.
- Has always, it was a pleasure leading this morning!