“You Don’t Wanna Spend Too Much Time Down There”
Seven men, including some not seen in The Gloom in some time, made the right decision to end the week at Last Call, despite some lower than expected temperatures.
YHC was curious about the turnout, since we were 18-strong last week, but as the clock struck 7, a disclaimer was given and off we moseyed for…
- SSH x19
- IST x15
- Weed Picker x10
- Windmill x10
- Mountain Climber x15
- Merkins x10
Formed one line (there were only seven of us, and @brinkley moseyed alongside) for a Native American run down the hill, stopping at the bottom for 10 squats in cadence.
Continue the run up the hill to the rails, where we did incline merkins and dips, both in cadence and both to 10.
Continue the run to the bottom lot, where YHC described the next portion of The Thang: Four Corners. Pax were to do 5 burpees at Corner 1 and then run to Corner 2, addings 10 squats (so 5 burpees, 10 squats). Run to Corner 3 and add 15 merkins and run to Corner 4 and add 20 Freddie Mercury (2=1). Run back to Corner 1 and plank for the six.
We then did a repeato, but only did that corners specific exercise.
Line back up for the Native American Run, halfway up the hill and through this park’s version of the rabbit hole to the baseball pavilion. Partner up. Partner 1 runs the jumbo Figure 8, Partner 2 does listed exercise. Go until each exercise has been done thrice:
- Jump overs
- Decline Merkins
- Step Ups
Mosey back out of the rabbit hole and back to the top of the hill. Grab some rail for an incline merkin and dip repeato. Indian run down the hill to the bottom, regrab your partner. Partner 1 lunge walks towards the snack shacks, while Partner 2 does LBCs. After two rounds of LBCs, do two rounds of Carolina Dry Docks.
Mosey back to Mary for Circle Merk (about four or five rounds) and Circle squats (same amount).
- Poutine Low Flutter x20
- Squirm x15
- W x15
- Pretzel Crunch x10 (each side)
- Great to have some special guests join some regulars for Last Call. Had been a minute since we saw @dropcloth and @kleanup, and the Nantan himself @heatstroke showed to get some patches for YHC
- Today’s BB title brought you by the aforementioned Nantan, who made that very comment about the amount of time it took to do the LBCs in the lunge walk portion of the exercise. That’s NOT what she said
- Couple of convergences this week for anniversaries. WE WILL NOT HAVE A 5:30 A.M. BEATDOWN AT HIGHLANDS THURSDAY. Converge at Cox Mill Elementary for the Comanche 4-Year Anniversary. Also, Dawghouse 5 Year Anniversary Friday at JM Robinson High School in Concord. The Dawghouse convergence will also be a food drive for WM Irvin Elementary, so bring some items.
- Still collecting food items for WM Irvin Elementary at Highlands. @poutine will collect them from Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday beatdowns.