There’s no rain!
The forecast didn’t look good. YHC was not looking forward to a Friday morning soaker, but there’s no Q fartsacking allowed. The rain slickers and golashes were ready to. The alarm went off and a pleasant surprise, “No Rain!”
The beatdown was all set for some ascending partner counts, but at 0530, just a handful of pax didn’t fear the skies, so YHC had an alternate beatdown ready to go. The tunes were fired off and we mosey’d out of the lot to the Rocky theme song to our Warm-o-Rama:
- 25 SSHs, 20 ISTs, 15 Penny Pickers, 10 Toy Soldiers and 5 Windmills, all IC
Next we grabbed a block and headed to toward the courtyard area to get some cover in case the rains came and cut down the winds.
YHC opened a bag of goodies and dumped out four wooden blocks/dice, with an action to be completed on each roll. The pax rolled all four dice and we performed each of the actions. Some dice had the bonus, “with block” add-on. Today’s rolls seemed to favor the Monkey Hummers. The breakdown of the dice activities were:
- The Merkin dice: Regular Merks on two sides, Tempo Merks, Mountain Climbers+Merk, Peter Parkers, Shoulder Tap Merks
- The ‘mostly’ on your six dice: LBCs, WWIIs, Freddie Mercuries, American Hammer/Russian Twist, Monkey Hummers, and the wildcard F3 dice where the pax that rolls it, picks our poison. The F3 was rolled a couple of times leading to Burpees and Dying Cockroaches
- The mixed dice: Mountain Climbers, Smurf Jacks, Jump Squats, Shoulder Press, Burpees and the J-Los
- The mosey dice: Run lap w/block, Indian Run, Quadraphelia, Run 3 laps, Carioca, and the Bear Crawl, which wasn’t rolled.
We returned the block and did a quick stretch from our toes to the skies and back and that was a wrap.
Announcement – F3 Afton’s Dorton Park creek clean-up for 2/13 has been postponed a week or two. Low 30s and rain don’t sound to fun while we play in Coddle Creek.
Always a pleasure and honor to lead!