Pain Train…Both Rhyme with “Rain”
It’s been awhile since the last time the QIC led a workout, so naturally there were some minor roadblocks that nearly derailed the day before it got started. Keys, keys, where are my car keys? Can’t find em. How’s the weather? Monsoon rain? Awesome. Ah well, you signed up to Q and the pax is counting on you. Find a way. Make a way. Get up and get moving. LET’S DO THIS!!!
Mosey around the parking lot and then circle up.
SSH x 20
IST x 10
Hillbilly x 10
Moroccan Nightclub x 20
Wayne’s World x 10
Loose Change x 10
Today’s workout is an oldie but a goodie. Originally created from the wicked minds of the brothers of the Boondocks, this musical beatdown is a fan favorite. Each of these exercises involved music being played over a bluetooth stereo.
Bodies Hit the Floor
“Bodies” by Drowning Pool – https://youtu.be/04F4xlWSFh0
1. Hold plank
2. When the song begins counting (or on the Qs command), begin merkins OYO
3. When the chorus hits (“let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor”), do mountain climbers
*The goal is for no bodies to hit the floor
“Tubthumping” by Chumbawumba – https://youtu.be/2H5uWRjFsGc
1. SSH during the song
2. When the chorus hits (“I get knocked down, but I get up again”), perform burpees OYO
In the Plank Tonight
“In the Air Tonight” by Phil Collins – https://youtu.be/YkADj0TPrJA
1. Hold plank for the entire song
2. If at any point you need to break from plank position, you must run down the sidewalk to the awning and back, where you will resume the plank position
“Roxanne” by The Police – https://youtu.be/3T1c7GkzRQQ
1. Run in place
2. Every time you hear the word “Roxanne” you perform one burpee
Walk This Way
“Walk This Way” by Run DMC feat. Aerosmith – https://youtu.be/4B_UYYPb-Gk
1. Perform air squats
2. When the chorus hits (“walk this waaaaaay”), perform a lunge walk up and down the sidewalk
“Jump” by Kriss Kross – https://youtu.be/010KyIQjkTk
1. Begin with incline merkins
2. When the chorus hits (“jump, jump”), perform box jumps
3. Next verse, perform decline merkins
4. Final verse, perform LBCs
Brainteaser SSH – do 10 total SSH, with the first 4 in cadence, and the final 6 in silence. Every memebr of the pax must stop in unison. If anyone stops early or late, then there’s a penalty lap that everyone must run. Guess what? We qualified for the penalty lap
LBCs x 10
Russian twist x 10
Box cutter x 10
Low flutter x 10
WW2 x 10 OYO
1. Okay so my goal was to avoid the rain by keeping us under the front entrance awning. Well, the rain never really came. About 10 minutes after the beatdown ended, the skies opened up. I guess we just got lucky today?
2. Appreciate the effort today by everyone. I know that this workout is a little unorthodox, but I hope that it pushed you.
3. No epic jokes or goofy things happened today. Well, I guess you could say that Gumby appearing outta nowhere from the darkness of the trees was kinda peculiar.
4. I promise to Q more frequently from here on out. I’ve not been holding up my end of the bargain with the pax and for that, I apologize.