4 Corners (no – make that 5) at Pile Driver!
Eight Pax came out in the gloom for today’s Mint Hill – Piledriver festivities and enjoyed a Big Tuna substi-Q beatdown that featured 4 (no – make that 5) corners of pain with some mumble chatter and not much complaining. YHC had switched Q’s with Silas for today and promised some burpees in the preblast to help those Pax doing this month’s burpees challenge.
It was a great morning and the Pax were greeted by nice weather with lots of humidity. The men arrived, cleaned up some leftover fireworks debris from the parking lot, shovel flags were not available to be planted – Othello?, disclaimer was given and here’s how it went down:
Slow mosey around the main parking lot with high knees, butt kickers, cariocoa, etc. and travel over to the Veterans Memorial for:
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Windmillls (x10, IC)
- Tempo Merkins (x10, IC)
- Plank Jacks (x20, IC)
- SSH (x20, IC)
Mosey along the road and over to the far track for 5 corners of pain!
- Corner 1 – Squats
- Corner 2 – Merkins
- Corner 3 – Lunges ( R / L = 1)
- Corner 4 – WWII’s
- Corner 5 – (Stop in the area by the benches/bleachers) – Burpees
Start with 10 reps, repeat and decrease by 1 rep each lap around the track until you reach 1 rep
Total of 55 reps of each exercise when you finish
No time for that today!
Namearama, announcements and prayers for The Body and Blue Crush for their recovery while on the IR, for Goodfella’s (from Waxhaw) wife and newborn child for continued recovery from the recent birth and hospitalization stays as well as all of those affected by the COVID19 pandemic.
During this pandemic, I’m trying to not take anything for granted and appreciate the little things we have since so many of the simple, normal parts of our everyday life have been affected.
Thanks for coming out this morning as we recovered from the 4th of July weekend!
Strong work today – great push by everyone to keep moving.
Lots of burpees to keep you on track for the challenge !
- Bush – Great to see you back out and looking forward to your first Q this week!
- Gopher – Keep coming out while you recover from the calf injury, lots of push to keep moving around the track in spite of the injury.
- Toughskins – Great work as always and thanks for keeping track of the six today!
- Hornet – Strong work and looks like you are all the way back from your stint on the IR — I kept hearing you coming up on me fast!
- Delta – Thanks for coming out – always a strong performance from you!
- Epsilon – Awesome work – you were the only pax to finish all laps and exercises!
- BLC – Great job – you kept a steady and sustained pace and your walking lunges were a smart move to keep traveling around the track!