Where do we go from here?
Here is the program for tomorrow’s run. It is written for the site but feel free modify as needed for your terrain.
The method of this running workout is intervals of controlled effort over set distances. The script for this particular plan is written for a particular site, so if you are repeating this WOD at another site, adjust the landmarks as needed. The language used is meant to convey Perceived Effort (PE), but YHC personally uses the metrics of Heart Rate Zones to measure his effort for this run.
Before we go further, here is a primer on some of the language used:
- Zone 2, easy jog/run/walk, one is able to carry a full conversation
- Zone 3, moderate effort jog/run, one is able to speak a few words per breath
- Zone 4, aerobic/anaerobic threshold effort, one should save the chit chat for later
One last word regarding the new reality we find ourselves in currently. Each pax should consider not just whether or not he could contract covid-19, but rather he should consider those around him. Who is at risk of catching the disease from one of us? Chances are high that most pax who catch it will have a full recovery, but that may not be true for some of our inner circle family and friends. So if anyone in your contact chain been in direct contact with a case of Covid-19, please consider who we are putting at risk of spreading it to. That being said, the disclaimer at this run included the request to step aside to dispose of any snot rockets or spittle that are likely to happen on a brisk early run.
YHC is not a professional or an expert in this field. So, please modify as needed. Stop as required. Don’t let the #sadclown stop you. Sunshine is good for vitamin D, so do this during your lunch break if you want to.
- Start with an easy, zone 2, walk/jog from the BP pergola to the stop light at Lawyers and 51 (approx. 1/4 mile)
- Increase the effort to zone 3 jog/run for the climb up to town hall (approx. 1/4 mile)
- At Town Hall do 10 merkins, 20 walking lunges, and 30 WW2 situps
- Restart with another easy zone 2 walk/jog up to Sunset Dr (approx. 1/4 mile)
- Turn left onto Sunset Dr, Increase the effort to zone 3 for the entire length of Sunset Dr (approx. 1/4 mile)
- At the end of Sunset Dr, turn right onto Nelson Rd, and give a hard zone 4 effort from sunset to Wilgrove Rd. (approx. 100yds)
- Turn right on Wilgrove Rd, heading back towards 51, reduce to a zone 2 effort for recover (approx. 1/4 mile)
- Turn right again on 51, back towards town, for a zone 3 effort all the way to town hall (little bit more than 1/4 mile)
- At Town Hall repeat exercises from step 3
- Jog from town hall to Lawyers Rd with at a zone 2 effort (1/4 mile)
- Walk across Lawyers
- Increase effort to Zone 3 from Lawyers to Wendy’s Pergola (little less than 1/4mile)
- Top level, zone 4, from Wendy’s to Brighton pergola (approx 200yds)
- Recover from pergola back to trucks