Frozen Full Moon for 12 Days of Christmas
YHC had lots to look forward to for today’s beatdown. Lots going on these busy days and YHC has alot to be grateful for during this holiday season. Good time to slow down and take a step back for the big picture (i.e, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it”) and always look for an opportunity to include one of my favorite Ferris Bueller’s Day Off quotes!
It is the 12th day of December for a 12 Days of Christmas inspired beatdown. Less that two weeks to go until Christmas Day! Quickly approaching my upcoming two year F3 anniversary on 12/21!
Nice, cold freezing temperature (32 degrees) at 05:30 for us to enjoy and will warm up quickly. And, last, but not least — it was THE FULL MOON IN DECEMBER 2019 with peak fullness (and last full moon this decade) – more details below:
- Technically, the full Moon reaches peak fullness at 12:12 A.M. EST on the 12th day of the 12th month (Thursday, December 12).
- In all time zones west, the Moon rises on Wednesday, December 11.
- So, Wednesday evening will be the night that the celestial orb will appear the most illuminated.
- Question: What makes this full Moon special?
- Answer: It’s most distinctive for its high trajectory across the sky, causing the full Moon to sit above the horizon for a longer period of time
Mosey around the main parking lot and over to the to the school entrance for:
- SSH (x20, IC)
- Windmills (x10, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Arm Circles and Shoulder Stretches (OYO)
12 Days of Christmas
(w/bricks – qty listed at end of day – is the total completed)
- Day 1: Run a lap around the parking lot (~ 1/8 mile) – x12
- Day 2: WWII’s with brick – x22
- Day 3: V-ups with brick – x30
- Day 4: CDD – x36
- Day 5: Jump Squats – x40
- Day 6: LBC’s with brick – x42
- Day 7: Narrow Grip Merkins – x42
- Day 8: Plank Jacks – x40
- Day 9: Deep Merkins with bricks – x36
- Day 10: Lunges (w/bricks – 5/leg) – x30
- Day 11: Squat Thrusters with brickes – x22
- Day 12: Brick Burpees – x12
Finisher: Welsh Dragons (from F3 lexicon – not sure of the origin ot this name) for those that were done early. Thanks to Dutch Boy from Highlands for mentioning this nice little gem at a recent Gremlin planning meeting.
- Remain in plank position the whole time. Bear crawl forward 4 steps, do 1 merkin, 1 plank jack, and tap the BACK of each shoulder 1 time.
- Repeat adding 1 rep to each exercise each time – bear crawl forward 4 steps, do 2 merkins, 2 plank jacks, 2 sets of back of shoulder taps… etc.
- We got up to 8 of each before time was called and shoulders were wrecked!
- No time for that today!
- Great push by everyone this morning – everyone kept moving and driving towards the finish!
- Gremlin T-Shirt Order Ends 12/12 – Order Link
- Next QSource: December 14th
- Operation Sweet Tooth 2019: Church of God Orphanage – December 18 – Pre-Blast
- Changes to F3 Nation in 2020 – Looking for Board Members: Read More
- January’s HDHH will be on 1/8
- 2020 Gremlin – January 18, 2020 – Pre-Blast Information
- Registration is open for F3 Dads – Pre-Blast