Soggy Hill Sprints
I was a little worried when I awoke to discover that it had rained the night before as I had planned an entire workout around hill sprints up and down a very steep and grassy hill. However, the 7 PAX that posted at the Davis Lake clubhouse are hardier than I gave them credit for as there were wasn’t a single complaint to be heard. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Davis Lake bootcamp if we didn’t throw in some painful and unnecessary exercises utilizing rocks (boulder for 2Step) in between sprints and merkins. It went a little something like this:
- 30 SSH
- 10 IST
- 10 Windmill
- 1-Minute On Your Own Stretch
Mosey from the DL Clubhouse to Capitol Hill for some wet hill sprints. YHC instructed everyone to pick a sizable rock for upper body exercises at the bottom of the hill. We completed several circuits including an uphill sprint (100%), a body weight exercise at the top of the hill, downhill sprint, and a weighted exercise with rocks at the bottom:
- 1st Circuit: Uphill Sprint, 10 Decline Merkins, Downhill Sprint, 15 Overhead Tricep Extensions; Repeat 2X
- 2nd Circuit: Uphill Sprint, 15 Incline Merkins, Downhill Sprint, 15 Shoulder Press; Repeat 2X
- 3rd Circuit: Uphill Sprint, 20 Dips, Downhill Sprint, 20 Rock Merkins (10 Each Arm on Rock); Repeat 2X
- 4th Circuit: Uphill Sprint, 20 Squats, Downhill Sprint, 20 Curls; Repeat 2X
- 5th Circuit: Uphill Sprint, 10 Plank Jacks, Downhill Sprint, 15 Squat Press
- 6th Circuit: Uphill Sprint, 10 Decline Merkins, Downhill Sprint, 15 Bent Over Row
Put the rocks back and Indian Run back to Davis Lake Clubhouse for Mary.
- 50 Low Flutter Kicks
- 20 Freddie Mercury
- 10 Reverse Crunch
- 5 X’s and O’s
- Homer to Marge
Announcements: Do your backblasts. F3 Guns and Poker 4/2/2019 6:30-9:00 PM at the Range at Lake Norman.
Thanks for posting and suffering through this workout with me!