Happy St. Skywalker’s Day!
A lucky (see: unlucky) group of 4 leprechauns heard the rain last night and decided to still get up and search for a pot of gold at Skywalker. Here’s what they found….
(Spoiler alert, there was no gold)
We started off with all the usual warmups plus a couple sets of Burpees to set the mood.
Mosey down to the park for Burn Bootcamp: Skywalker Edition. Yes, this workout was somewhat blatantly plagiarized from last Saturday’s BBC I attended with my M.
We had 7 stations set up:
- 15 Burpees
- 15 Squat Thrusters w/ a boulder
- 10 Pull Ups
- 100 Jump Ropes
- 25 Knee Ups (hanging from pull up bars)
- 10 Box Jumps
- Hill Sprint
A third of the way through, it started to suck pretty bad so I called an audible to make it harder: 10 V Ups between each exercise. The V Ups were soon replaced by Merkins and then by Half Burpees (#Crowdpleaser).
We all got through roughly 2.5 rounds before it was time to pack up and head back to base. On the way back we did some V Ups, followed by some V Ups, and then some more V Ups, then more V Ups, then we did some Wide Merkins before doing more V Ups. Once back safely in the parking lot, we knocked out 10 Burpees, 10 Merkins, and 10 more V Ups. RECOVER. RECOVER.
COT. BOM. Go home.
- I received some great feedback about this one by way of dirty looks and groans. Sounds like it should be a repeat.
- Not a drop of rain fell on us during the workout but it started pouring as soon as I got home. Nice timing, Russian weather machine!
- Thanks for posting with me this morning gents, it’s always a pleasure to lead!
- See you guys Monday, I’ve got the Q again!