Eighteen of MECA’s finest showed up at Mallard Creek Community Park this morning for yet another round of F3 Dads. After scrambling to locate each other amongst the thousands of youth soccer players and their parents we had a quick …
Doing anything positive with your kids is a treat for us and great benefit for them. I highly recommend All-Pro Dad’s, whether going to their events at your kid’s school or getting their daily email here: https://www.allprodad.com/subscribe/. T-claps to Clueless, Gamma, …
The call went out to all Dads and 2.0s for a Superhero themed F3 Dads event, and 77 of F3 MeCa’s finest Dads and 2.0s answered that call. At 0900, YHC broke out the marginally necessary bullhorn and started the festivities with a welcome (especially to any and all FNGs), introduction of YHC and C0-Q Project, and a disclaimer. That out of the way, it was time to get down to some Superhero training.
Warmarama: Superhero inspired – Project
- Spidermans (aka Hillbillies) X 10 IC
- Peter Parkers X 10 IC
- Superman Merkins X 10 IC
- Superman Jacks X 10 IC
- Wolverines X 5 OYO
The Thang: – Part 1: Superheros mosey to Harris Rd Middle School and show off their ability to handle relatively long distances (1/3 mile or so – not insignificant.) Group counts off (by Dad) into two groups. YHC takes one Group behind the Middle School to the track, while Project takes the other group and stays out front by the trailer. Time for the Superheros to work on their agility and quickness.
- On the field/track: Blob Tag. We start with a small group as the Blob, they are “It.” Don’t get tagged by the Blob, or you become part of the Blob. Need agility to avoid being tagged. Need teamwork and strategy as part of the Blob. After shrinking the field once or twice, the Blob ends up engulfing everyone. Switch to…
- In front of school. Capture the Flag. Two flags per team, each team has half the field as their territory. Opposing team tries to steal flags from opposing territory and return to their half of field. If tagged on opposing team’s side, they must return to their side before returning. If tagged with opposing team’s flag on opposing team’s side, they must drop the flag where they were tagged. Agility and quickness again on display.
After a relatively quick game of each, it is time to return to our launch point in front of the school. The superheros demonstrate their ability to handle a relatively long run back. The 2.0s are rather impressive indeed.
- Captain Thor X 10 IC
- Supermans – Long hold
The Thang: – Part 2: The Final Fight…Water Balloon Fight!
- What Superhero movie is complete without a big finale. Our superheros stay in their two groups on either side of the median in the parking lot. The nearly 2500 filled water balloons are relatively equally divided between the two teams. YHC breaks out the bullhorn again and it is “on your marks, get set, go!”
After a solid 10 minutes of water balloon conflict, both teams exhaust their water balloons. Teams proceed to escalate to picking up bins and trying to dump on opposing players…and teammates. It’s now time to wrap it up.
COT: Lengthy Namearama with many 2.0s getting their F3 names. We give thanks for fatherhood and our 2.0s. Next F3 Dads event tentatively scheduled at Comanche in July.
- I hope that everyone had as good a time as my 2.0s and I did, thanks to all for coming out!
- Big Tclaps to Project for the Co-Q and coming up with the Superhero theme
- More Tclaps to Project, Whatley, Life Alert, Steel Cannon & Soprano for putting in hours of work to fill the 2500 or so water balloons before the event.
- Tclaps as well to Project’s M, who shadowed the event and captured the photos above. All 150+ plus pics can be found here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x6ED_e1MSQX-3LOJkxJBBR1I_TCGwEGM?usp=sharing
- Kind of glad we didn’t meet the initial goal of having 10K water balloons ready for the event. An hour long water balloon fight probably sounds better than it actually is….and then there is the clean up…
- Speaking of clean up, thanks to so many of you who hung around and picked up balloons. We got the balloon debris picked up rather quickly, all thanks to the group effort.
- Best practices have been established for putting on a water balloon fight after realizing some aspects worked well, while others not so much. Reach out for advice if you like.
- I like the coordinated group attack strategy originally implemented by team 2, very nice:)
- I wasn’t going to use the bullhorn, until Zima protested as he made a special trip on Friday to meet Astrovan near uptown to get it, #obligatedtouse. That said, for a large group, it is bordering on mandatory for Namearama, as I can never hear anybody on the other side of a large circle…and this goes doubly for 2.0s.
- Speaking of Zima, naming his 2.0 Jolly Rancher is tremendous:)
- Forgive me for any missing names or mistakes on anyone’s names, some of the audio on my recording was difficult to hear.
- It is truly an honor and a privilege to be a Dad. If we put ourselves 3rd (with God 1st, and Family 2nd) we will no doubt be the best Dad’s we can be. It was an honor to put on this event so that some memories with our 2.0s could be made.
First of all…. Wow, what a great morning!
150+ (I think 153 or 154) Pax and 2.0s got out of the #Fartsack to have some fun and bonding time this morning! In addition, it felt like 150% humidity!
F3 MeCa’s Comanche AO will host an F3 Dads Bootcamp (kid-friendly) and Breakfast on Saturday, July 22nd, starting at 8am with breakfast immediately following the beatdown. We invite all F3 MeCa to come out and get a workout in and then enjoy a …
At least 34 pax and 2.0s came out to support the local King Tiger 5K this year! Did I say “support”? I meant DOMINATE!!! Holy cow! I think over half the trophies were handed out to F3ers. And what trophies …
F3 (and friends/spouses/2.0’s) has been supporting after school programs at Billingsville Elementary and AG Middle School in Charlotte for many years. We attempt to tutor and teach but it’s hard work and impact is incremental. The kids, mostly from …
Time to burn some of those Thanksgiving calories and wear the 2.0s out a little bit with some F3 Dads Thanksgiving Edition. After feasting on more than our share of Thanksgiving goodies 50 of the MECA area Dads, a few …